View Poll Results: What baby care did you chose for your baby when your maternity was over?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • staying at home with your baby

3 60.00%
  • leaving the baby with a vegetarian/vegan family member

0 0%
  • leaving the baby with a NON vegetarian/vegan family member

0 0%
  • leaving the baby with a vegetarian/vegan friend

0 0%
  • leaving the baby with a NON vegetarian/vegan friend

0 0%
  • vegetarian nursery

0 0%
  • NON vegetarian nursery

1 20.00%
  • vegetarian/vegan childminder

0 0%
  • NON vegetarian childminder

0 0%
  • vegetarian/vegan au pair

1 20.00%
  • NON vegetarian au pair

0 0%
  • other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What baby care have you chosen for your baby (6/12 months of age)?

Question What baby care have you chosen for your baby (6/12 months of age)?

Hello,
    I had to go back to work when my baby was a little over 6 months. We have choosen a vegetarian au pair. We had quite a pleasent experience for little over 3 months however it didn't finish so well. I will probably describe it in another thread.
    Now I'm very confused what to look for. I would prefer a vegan au pair or a vegan friendly au pair however it's very difficult to find. I did not find a vegetarian child minder either.
    What were your choices and how happy you were/are?

cobweb

Default Re: What baby care have you chosen for your baby (6/12 months of age)?

I didn't go back to work til my son was nearly 3 years old, but when I did I took him to a non-veggie nursery. He was vegetarian back then (is now vegan) but didn't take milk or eggs. It wasn't a problem with the food side of things because in those days he loved fruit and veg so there was plenty they could give him (he's way more fussy now!).
    I read about your problem with the au pair and felt upset for you!.

I was thinking about nursery at first but first it is too expensive (about £1100-1200 a month) and also she is too young now so I would be worried that she may eat something what I wouldn't be happy about.

cobweb

Yes Nursery was about £7 per hour when my Sam went, and that was 11 years ago when he started!. Fortunately it was only 2 days a week most of the time, and they start school here part-time when they're 3, so then he went on to 3 half-days I think. I chose nursery because I thought he was less likely to be abused in that kind of setting, but since then some horrible stories have surfaced involving nurseries over here, it's very difficult!.