Thread: Vegan Stockholm

Default Vegan Stockholm

Jeg skal antakelig jobbe i Stockholm i neste uke - finnes det noen her som vet om det har skjedd noe nytt med hensyn til vegan-kafeer der i det siste?
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Hey, I'm not from Sweden and I can't speak the language, but my boyfriend was born and raised there. I'm wondering if anyone could help with some links to Veganism in Sweden. I'm saving up for a trip there but I'm not sure how to handle being vegan while in another country.
    ~* but I'm still right here giving blood, keeping faith *~

Arrow Stockholm Veggie Fair 2007

Saturday the 2nd of June at 10-17

More info here.

Default Re: Stockholm

Eat your way around veggie Stockholm, see http://www.sweden.se/templates/cs/Article____16239.aspx

So, I'm visiting Stockholm again in February.
    I read the various guides and know everything about Hermans, Sattva, Chutney etc etc. But what about vegan shopping? Shoes and clothes? Any tips? Thanks

boatsteem1

Default The Vegan Fayre in Stockholm [pics]

Today me and VegaLi went to the annual vegan fayre in Stockholm. Awesome as always with loads of food and organizations and lectures and even music. Just a small pick from the event.

Tofuline, or Swedish Glace as they're known by outside of Scandinavia, had their own monter showing off all their different types of goodie-ice creams. What might be coming, he mentioned, is a renewed mocca ice cream some time in the near future. Yummie

Loads of food!

This woman works for an organization that funds research which lessens the need for animal testing. She thinks that growing tissue in laboratories might replace the need for a lot of animal testing. Good job!

These hotdogs were beyond me. It's almost scary how meat-like they are in taste and texture. In fact, it is scary! Mmm, they were very good.

Very crowded all the time In this picture you see something like a tenth or a twentieth of the area.

Default Re: The Vegan Fayre in Stockholm [pics]

Fantastic stuff. Thanks for sharing. I like Stockholm, and I like it even more now that I see all those people attending a vegan fayre. I hope veganism becomes more popular there.
    "cake is a good tool for the revolution!!!" - saycheezly

sounds like a tip top event!

boatsteem1

It was

Veganism is quite widespread in Sweden. I went to the UK a couple of weeks ago and I think that in general we have like ten times more vegan products in groceries.

Now I hope they will bring in Marmite here

Oh, there were 2 000 people visiting the event.

I thought they had a lot of stuff in London, so you're so much lucky to have a larger selection in Sweden!

I got to try Swedish Glace, it was so yummy!

ai ai ai!!!! a vegan fayre in sweeden!?! I want to be there, but its too late now, maybe we could make one in norway, I volunteer!

Default Vegan Stockholm 2010

Hello Swedish Vegans!

I will be in Stockholm for a conference at the end of the month, and I would really appreciate your suggestions for great places (and things!) to eat.

I'm staying in a hotel in Kungsgaten, which I think is fairly central? I'm mainly looking for nice (not too expensive) places to eat in the evenings, and also some ideas for Swedish treats to try which I might not have had before.

Thank you!

Default Re: Vegan Stockholm 2010

Hermans buffet is great, and not too expensive.

Now im checking the hermans page.... i will be visiting stockholm in september....

I had a great meal at the Hermitage in Gamla Stan here, too:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?...47433012351485

I completely fell in love with Stockholm and its people - everyone was so amazingly helpful and kind, and I had no problems at all eating as a vegan there. If you have time, the boat trip around the archipelago is really worth doing too.

Danke!

Checkinī tha thing now!

How much expensive was?

Stockholm in general - pretty expensive, but that's partly about the exchange rate. The Hermitage was about 90 Krona (about 9 Euros) for an eat-all-you want buffet lunch. Hermans was about 12 Euros. The boat trip was about 20 Euros.

The Ice Bar was also about 20 Euros including one drink - I enjoyed going just to say I'd been, really, and because someone else was paying!

geeeeeeeee .... between 9 & 12 Euros per person itīs pretty good deal....
    AWESOME THANKS...
    Any other tipps ?

Don't know much about being vegan in Stockholm, I live near Gothenburg, but Sweden in general is pretty easy to be vegan in.
    Blake said that the body was the soul's prison unless the five senses are fully developed and open. He considered the senses the 'windows of the soul