Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Latest issue of Vegan Voice

Smile Latest issue of Vegan Voice

Judging by the Contents page, the latest print issue looks really great, and it will be sent out at the end of this month. I've uploaded the contents listing, as well as the editorial, and a couple of extracts from new articles to the website. Anyone who'd like to get the magazine posted to them each quarter, wherever in the world they live, can subscribe on line using PayPal at http://veganic.net
    Eve

PinkFluffyCloud

Looks good, especially 'Ask Eve'!!

My local library used to get this in as a subcription, for thier magazine section. They stopped at the end of last year. Now they just get in "Vegetarian and Natural Health" only.

I used to get Vege & Natural Health with my membership of Vegan & Vege Soc of Qld, when I was a member. I don't miss it at all, and certainly wouldn't bother buying it as they often have incorrect and out of date info on foods etc. Plus they recommend to eat fish etc, but then, they are vegies not vegans. Shame the library no longer has Vegan Voice though. My library doesn't either, but I'll approach them this week.
    Eve

I read the last vegan voice while eating at Pronto Brontos

I'm not very impressed with Vegetarian and Natural Health at all. It seems one big ad for Hopewood Health as well. I still read it though, since it's free. I might talk to them about getting Vegan Voice back.

Default Latest issue of Vegan Voice

The new print edition will be out at the end of the month, but meanwhile, do read Sienna Blakes lovely editorial at http://veganic.net/editorial.html and the beautiful front cover and listing of articles at http://veganic.net/news.html - you may have to Reload or Refresh for the latest. Also, there are a couple of extracts from interviews at http://veganic.net/articles.html
    Eve

Default Re: Latest issue of Vegan Voice

By the way, I've just shifted the front cover photo to here: http://veganic.net/index.htm
    Eve

I have started buying Vegan Voice (got the last 2 issues). It is a very enjoyable and informative magazine, just ask eve!
    A bit rattled

Yes the print magazine is really good, and this latest issue is quite upbeat, which I like - somehow we get too much gloom and doom in some mags. There's a lovely article by M Butterfly Katz who says that things are changing for the better, faster than we think!
    Eve

Quote eve
    There's a lovely article by M Butterfly Katz who says that things are changing for the better, faster than we think!
    Well that's hard to believe, but let's hope so!
    A bit rattled

Kurmudgeon

I stopped getting NV&NH when it merged (before it was just NV). So much vitamin pill stuff, and fish.
    I stopped getting VV at one point due to getting depressed at stuff. But now I grab a copy when at the AL office in Sydney.

I know what you mean kurmudgeon, it used to be rather depressing sometimes - which is why this particular issue is great. As for NV&NH - I just detested it for the same reasons that you give. Haven't seen it since I resigned from the Qld Vegan/Veggie Soc.
    Eve

cross barer

New issue breaks record for number of times the word "lesbian" appears in an issue of VV.

Very, very deceptive headline on the duck shooting article

But that's what the shooters were calling the duck defenders, just to antagonise I guess, and perhaps to emphasise that they, the shooters, were big macho guys!
    Eve

Like the new photo of the editor? I think she looks lovely http://veganic.net/editorial.html
    Eve

Wink read the latest vegan news

http://www.veganic.net/currentissue.htm to check out what's in the latest issue of Vegan Voice, due out in a week or so. And to get a preview of a Tony Wardle article, click here http://www.veganic.net/articles.htm
    Eve

I've bought VV since the first issue. I always look forward to the big, brown envelope. It's much better than NVNH. That's full of articles copied from the internet (though I sub to that too).

My issue arrived today, and it just gets better all the time. I must confess ignorance of the fact that the President of Slovenia is a vegan. He gave a great interview to "Magazine for the Liberation of Animals, Slovenia", which the magazine gave kind permission to print in our Vegan Voice. I certainly didn't know about him, and guess he must be the only president in the world who is a vegan! His photo looks good too.

I also loved the photo of Abbie Cornish, the AFI award winning actor, star of the new film "Candy" and "The Golden Age". Abbie is the ambassador for Animal Club, a national initiative launched on first of this month by Voiceless. I must check out their website at www.animalclub.org.au
    Eve

I've always bought Vegan Voice from the start and couldn't do without it. It's so worth the subscription money. I do miss the section on what various people buy. I found that really interesting and light hearted. Mine arrived today. Guess what I'm doing for the rest of the afternoon?

Quote eve
    I must confess ignorance of the fact that the President of Slovenia is a vegan.
    You need to get out and live a little on other forums

http://veganforum.com/forums/showthr...light=Slovenia
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

you're so right Mr Flibble!
    Eve

Am leafing through it right now. I also like to read what's in people's cupboards. Also love 'To the Max'

I think it's a great magazine

subscrive if you can it's only 23 dollars for Australians for years subscription.

hopefully in the next issue there might be some photo's that I took of the recently held Vegan Expo in Sydney

Antony

Are you going to be a famous photographer, Antony?

Quote abrennan
    I think it's a great magazine

subscrive if you can it's only 23 dollars for Australians for years subscription.

hopefully in the next issue there might be some photo's that I took of the recently held Vegan Expo in Sydney

Antony
    Antony I forgot to tell you that I really liked your last article on WVD in Melbourne and the photos were good but there were several fabulous shots not published .

In the latest issue there is no 'Ask Eve' or general letters. Maybe there was a mail strike!

I think I may attempt a ''whats in my cupboard' for the next issue. I'm sure you'd all be thrilled . Well let's see there's the dried beans, lentils, pasta. Braggs, nutritional yeast ......goes on an on an on....

Treehugga, There was no 'Ask Eve' because nobody sent in any questions to me! I must ask Sienna about the General Letters. As for the 'what's in my cupboard' - I had this email from Sienna, who reads this thread:

> we loved 'Off Your Trolley' too; problem is, we couldn't find anyone
    > willing to do it. We ran out of volunteers! Sad, isn't it?
    > Cheers,
    > Sienna

So what about it Treehugga, how about you (or anyone else for that matter) writing something for the next issue, and sending it to Vegan Voice?
    Eve

Quote treehugga
    Antony I forgot to tell you that I really liked your last article on WVD in Melbourne and the photos were good but there were several fabulous shots not published
    Thanks Treehugga

I didn't get to choose the pictures myself

It was actually Eve's idea that I send the photo's to Vegan Voice (Thanks Eve) and if I'm lucky there might be more photo's in the next issue. I took some at the Sydney Vegan Expo. cross your fingers.

papparazzi antony

Quote eve
    Treehugga, There was no 'Ask Eve' because nobody sent in any questions to me! I must ask Sienna about the General Letters. As for the 'what's in my cupboard' - I had this email from Sienna, who reads this thread:

> we loved 'Off Your Trolley' too; problem is, we couldn't find anyone
    > willing to do it. We ran out of volunteers! Sad, isn't it?
    > Cheers,
    > Sienna

So what about it Treehugga, how about you (or anyone else for that matter) writing something for the next issue, and sending it to Vegan Voice?
    Your on! I thought they were only really interested in celebrities or store owners, but I'm happy to give it a go I have some really interesting foods actually. I have an ask Eve as well so I'll send that in. We can't have you slacking off

Quote abrennan
    Thanks Treehugga

I didn't get to choose the pictures myself

It was actually Eve's idea that I send the photo's to Vegan Voice (Thanks Eve) and if I'm lucky there might be more photo's in the next issue. I took some at the Sydney Vegan Expo. cross your fingers.

papparazzi antony
    Well you do take great shots!

Oh thanks

I thought I was really bad and that if I just take heaps one or two might accidentally look alright.

Infact I got asked to be the "official photographer" at the Cruelty Free Expo being planned for (I think) September in Sydney. How about that.

I'll have to take about 10,000 to get some good ones

I better do some practice work

Antony

10 000 is that all I'm sure Sienna will love wading through all of those .

Maybe you will be inspired to come down for WVD Melb again and have a chat with your forum buddy Treehugga and family

yeah might do that

I've finished my "Off my Trolley" article. I hope it's not to dull! It seems more like a thesis ! Now let's see if I make the next issue or not. I'm about to start on my ask Eve question

Cool! I hope it makes the next issue too. I love reading about what others eat. Maybe I should submit an 'Ask Eve' too.

I reckon you should Insubordination . She usually makes lots of sense. You eat interesting meals maybe you could submit an ''off your trolley'' too. But wait til the next issue in case yours is much better than mine and I don't stand a chance . Only kidding I think more of us should try and put in for this great read.

Quote treehugga
    I've finished my "Off my Trolley" article. I hope it's not too dull! It seems more like a thesis ! Now let's see if I make the next issue or not. I'm about to start on my ask Eve question
    I look fwd to any questions you send in to the mag for me, insubordination too.
    I also look fwd to your "Off my Trolley" - it may be published in full, but of course, as editor, Sienna may edit it to fit the space set aside. That is always a popular article to read, but apparently difficult for Sienna to find volunteers to write it!
    Eve

I'd be interested in reading an ''Off the trolley'' from you Eve. Being the vouyer that I am.

My article and Ask Eve have been sent. Now we have to wait ages to see if they get printed . I think you'll enjoy the 'Ask Eve' Eve .

Can't wait
    Eve

Sienna said she loved my "Off my Trolley" so cross your fingers it makes the next issue

I'm sure it will, and Sienna sent me some received questions.
    Eve

Well I look forward to reading some enlightening answers .

Eve, what sort of topics do you cover? Health, ethics?

insubordination, sorry I'm not clear on what you mean. What topics does Vegan Voice magazine cover? - Anything relating to veganism. Or did you mean what topics are covered in the questions I'm asked? Any question that's sent in to Vegan Voice, and they are generally from vegans or veggies who have some problem or need clarification on something or other. Yes health, ethics, are included, or sometimes a sticky problem dealing with their children and vegan foods.
    Eve

LOL . I have a million other questions Eve. You're lucky it was narrowed down to one!

Insubordination, don't tell me you don't read Vegan Voice. You must subscribe at once. It's the best read!

Yes TH, I subscribe love the magazine too. We're lucky to have it.

Sorry about the ambiguous question Eve. I wanted to know what sort of questions you answer in your column "Ask Eve" because they seem to be different every issue. You cleared it up - thanks.

I now subscribe!
    Am waiting by the letter box for the latest issue.

When I lived in Sydney I was able to buy a copy from the health food store, but no such luck here.

Smile Vegan Voice

The latest issue is out now, and it really is excellent. It includes a lovely 2-page article by our own TreeHugga, called 'Off Your Trolley' - about what is found in her shopping trolley. It made for interesting reading, and I loved her photo and personal items that made her more real to me! Course I know she is real, but you know what I mean. Sienna's editorial is lovely - you can see it here:
    http://www.veganic.net/from%20the%20editor.htm
    and this page is available on line too:
    http://www.veganic.net/articles.htm
    Last edited by Korn; Aug 25th, 2006 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Merged post with old thread
    Eve

Got it already. V. glossy now.

You're famous TreeHugga(and very healthy too)!. I'm umming and ahhing about joining a gym.

*I can never find kale. I buy chinese greens. You bring a pot of water to the boil, drop them in for 10 seconds. Drain and cover with lemon/lime juice (or veg oyster sauce).

*Your bush food experimentation has inspired me. I'll have to find Outback Pride.

*I'm a porridge girl too. In fact we eat quite similar things but I don't generally eat soy.

*I love that you included non-food products too.

*Cool, you plugged the forum.

*Chuckle at meditation gag.

Your "Off Your Trolley: was very well-written and it was an inspiration to see a healthy vegan mum with an interesting diet who loves food and thinks outside the square (seriously, you use grey water?).

Eve, I like your Parenthood stance and the fact that you don't have to eat soy to be a vegan.
    It makes me realise that I have got into some bad habits using my busy job as an excuse.