Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest issue of Vegan Voice

Default Re: Vegan Voice

Quote eve View Post
    The latest issue is out now, and it really is excellent. It includes a lovely 2-page article by our own TreeHugga, called 'Off Your Trolley' - about what is found in her shopping trolley. It made for interesting reading, and I loved her photo and personal items that made her more real to me! Course I know she is real, but you know what I mean. Sienna's editorial is lovely - you can see it here:
    http://www.veganic.net/from%20the%20editor.htm
    and this page is available on line too:
    http://www.veganic.net/articles.htm
    Thanks Eve. That's lovely of you to say and extra special coming from you. Thanks also for the reply to my question. It was really helpful and yes I do say 'NO". Thanks again for your wonderful support.

Default Re: Latest issue of Vegan Voice

Quote insubordination View Post
    Got it already. V. glossy now.

You're famous TreeHugga(and very healthy too)!. I'm umming and ahhing about joining a gym.

*I can never find kale. I buy chinese greens. You bring a pot of water to the boil, drop them in for 10 seconds. Drain and cover with lemon/lime juice (or veg oyster sauce).

*Your bush food experimentation has inspired me. I'll have to find Outback Pride.

*I'm a porridge girl too. In fact we eat quite similar things but I don't generally eat soy.

*I love that you included non-food products too.

*Cool, you plugged the forum.

*Chuckle at meditation gag.

Your "Off Your Trolley: was very well-written and it was an inspiration to see a healthy vegan mum with an interesting diet who loves food and thinks outside the square (seriously, you use grey water?).

Eve, I like your Parenthood stance and the fact that you don't have to eat soy to be a vegan.
    It makes me realise that I have got into some bad habits using my busy job as an excuse.
    Thanks so much Insubordination. I was surprised Sienna put the whole thing in. I didn't realise how long it was until I saw it in print. Yes I do use a greywater system and have tanks for drinking. Now if only I can get a solar panel car and a windmill - I'll really be rockin'!

Treehugga I just wanted to tell you that I joined this forum as soon as I read your bit in Vegan Voice! What a great forum and how have I not known about it till now?! Vegan Voice is wonderful....it always inspires me and makes me realise I'm not alone.....

Bronny

Thanks Bronny and welcome hope you have fun here

The Mar-May 07 issue is now out, and as usual Sienna's editorial is a great read, especially where she reveals how the tiny creatures share the little house where she and Max live. Max's article is always good for a laugh although he apparently lives in a state of perpetual horror - and no wonder, considering the content of the press cuttings he quotes! All the interviews make for good reading, even the small one with Joaquin Phoenix, and one with a young ex-student in Norway, and a passionate plea from Dr John McDougall for people to change the way they eat. There was an 'Off your trolley' that was different to the one written by our own TreeHugga, but then they are all different. I hadn't heard of zane beck who once won a MusicOz award for 'The Tofu Song', but I'm not really 'into' that sort of music. Anyhow, there are almost 60 pages of vegan news, and Sienna tells me that she is receiving more magazine subscriptions from overseas. For anyone interested, click on http://veganic.net/subscribe.htm to subscribe, or on http://veganic.net/currentissue.htm to see what's in it this quarter.
    Eve

I always love her editorial too. In fact, it might be my favourite bit. I'm always so pleased when the new issue comes out. I put it right next to my toilet. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

we believe you!
    Eve

How time flies, here's the latest editorial http://veganic.net/from%20the%20editor.htm
    but this gives a good idea of what's inside the mag http://veganic.net/from%20the%20editor.htm
    Eve

Nice. My sister lives in a self sufficient community in Dorroughby, near Lismore reforesting native species.
    When I stayed for a couple of months several years ago I found a copy of Vegan Voice and very much enjoyed reading it.