Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1440

Thread: Pictures of good vegan food you've eaten! (2)

Default Re: Pictures of good vegan food you've eaten! (2)

Troutina, that cucumber salad looks yum! Reminds me I want to experiment with German potato salad!
    See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.

emmy25

Quote EpicLibrarian View Post
    These tacos are one of my quick go-to meals. They take about 10 minutes to make start to finish.
    I simply take some Boca mince and put it in a saucepan with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of water and put the lid on and let it cook til it is all thawed, then I add taco seasoning (I make my own with various dried spices, but you can use a package too) and canned pinto beans. On the tacos is just salsa, avocado, cilantro, and vegan sour cream. Easiest thing in the world to make!

Here are the spices I put together for the seasoning: chili powder, granulated garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, and black pepper. You can add salt if you need to, but I rarely do because the boca has some salt in it already. You can sub real onions/garlic if you have the time!
    Thank you so much! This sounds great!

I love to make vegan food, here are a few pictures of stuff I made a while back.

WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES W/ STRAWBERRIES

Whole Wheat Spaghetti with spinach/garlic sauce (looks weird, but awesome)!!!

My own version of Ratatouille (eggplant, tomatoes, etc), and Vegan Peach Cobbler.

Getting so hungry looking at all these photos!! It all looks yummy .... apart from the baked beans, one thing I can't stand!

this is a pizza I made last week, except that I didn't make the base, made with cheezly. Oh my god I LOVE pizza.....soooo good!

this is a sausage, soya chunk and vegetable casserole I made, with bulgar wheat and salad. Love bulgar wheat, I normally mix in a bit of bouillon powder, marge, black pepper, oil and garlic.

Just making a curry, might post a picture later. xx

here's the curry I had tonight, unfortunately I didn't think about how eating a spicy curry would make my already sore throat sorer...but I still enjoyed it!!

Engedi and yo-yo, I am now officially starving! Been studying all day and eaten only some cashews and a peach. Sounds like a big dinner for me tonight! Thanks for sharing!
    See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.

Engedi and yo-yo, I am now officially starving! Been studying all day and eaten only some cashews and a peach. Sounds like a big dinner for me tonight! Thanks for sharing!
    Wow, I wouldn't be able to get by on just a peach and cashews!! My appetite is so big at the moment.... Can't stop eating! hope you have a nice dinner! x

Thanks yo-yo! BTW, what kind of rice is that? It looks spectacular.

emmy25

I made vanilla bean cupcakes with chocolate ganache last night

Toasted sandwich (Vegan Nutella & Banana):

Lentil & Smoked Tofu Stew:

Veg in blackbean sauce, rice & veg:

Coronation Chikin Pasta, Redwood Meatless Feast Pizza, Veg & Salad:

Random Plate (Potatoes, Veg, Sandwich Thin, Smoked Tofu, Sheese):

5 bean chilli, tortilla chips, guac, Sainsburys free and easy 'cheese' sauce and jalapenos - my wifes little junky meal!

Tonights dinner. Chargrilled peppers, chargrilled polenta and salad with a garlic and basil vinaigrette. Beetroot and nut 'sausages'.

Quote Robinwomb View Post
    I think those burgers look awesome! I have never had any luck with making vegan burgers. I have tried making wild rice burgers, lentil burgers, black bean oat burgers, and a few others and they always seem to fall apart or come out messy. I have had some success with falafel patties. And of course portobello burgers are hard to mess up.
    I just made some black bean burgers and we put them on the grill and they stayed together. Yay! Here is what I did. In the mixture, I used flax "egg" as a binder, then added breadcrumbs until it seemed to be at a good moisture ration. Then I put them on a plate on wax paper in the freezer until it was time to cook. I sprayed a little olive oil on the outside of each one, and they didn't even stick to the grill!

Here is the finished product, with spinach, tomato, and mustard green sprouts.

Also made some baba ganoush for the first time today. Had a ton of baby eggplant to use.

Man! You guys are awesome cooks! I am so excited to see other vegans with cooking skills and creative dishes, it's just great!!!

I did not make these things below (well, I cooked them)...for my one year vegan celebration I decided I would buy all the strange vegan products I hadn't tried before and make a big feast (invited omnivore friends too)!!! I bought Smoked Apple Sage Sausages by Field Roast, Breaded Vegan Fish Fillets and Breaded Shrimp from Sophie's Kitchen, and the Celebration Roast from Field Roast. They were all amazing, and freaked out the "animal" meat eaters. It was a good night.

I put them on two plates: The Vegan Land "Animal" Meat and the Vegan Sea "Animal" Meat, LOL

(P.s. Just for the sake of clarification - that Pop, Coke, Cola, etc. in the picture is NOT mine! .seriously.)

Blimmin' heck *grumble tummy*
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

I just made some black bean burgers and we put them on the grill and they stayed together. Yay! Here is what I did. In the mixture, I used flax "egg" as a binder, then added breadcrumbs until it seemed to be at a good moisture ration. Then I put them on a plate on wax paper in the freezer until it was time to cook. I sprayed a little olive oil on the outside of each one, and they didn't even stick to the grill!

Here is the finished product, with spinach, tomato, and mustard green sprouts.

Also made some baba ganoush for the first time today. Had a ton of baby eggplant to use.

Thanks for sharing your recipe EpicLibrarian! I wonder if the freezer technique is what made the difference? I might just try this in the future. I have had NO time to experiment with food this last week with an insane school schedule. I don't know how I will ever pass anatomy and physiology. I spent 8 hours yesterday trying to figure out the lab assignment. I'm going to have to stick to quick and simple food for a while.

I have made a foray into vegan pizza tonight. So easy and tasty!

With vegan pepperoni and tempeh bacon, spinach, portabella mushrooms, garlic, jalapenos, green peppers, nutritional yeast and daiya. Topped with fresh oregano.

emmy25

Vegie burger with salad and BBQ sauce on a sourdough roll.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Channa/rajma bhuna with naan.
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

Yumms!

I've been cooking up a storm today! Here are some of the things I made for the upcoming week.

Black bean and garlic nachos with boca meat, salsa, tofutti sour cream, jalapenos, and Follow Your Heart Monterrey Jack cheeze.

Chana Saag

Cajun oven-fried okra

Squash and onions--just like all of our Southern grandmas make!

Old Bay Seasoned Zucchini Cakes

Southwestern black bean burger covered in chili, served with steamed edamame.

This thread has definitely made me hungry.

Banana bread.

Cheesecake.

That was my first attempt at a pizza. Pepperoni, chorizo and jalapeno with pepperjack cheezly. It doesn't look great, but it tasted amazing.

Pizza:

I think that could do with some more toppings Firestorm
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Totally! Where's the tofu for starters?
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Errr, it was soya free (Redwood soya free cheesley) and was thrown together quickly (wrap for base, toppings mixed in a bowl and chucked on top haphazardly).

Will try harder next time.

emmy25

Dinner last night! Home delivered pizza with some red wine

Just thought I would follow up on all these gorgeous rich dishes with some light summer fare. I have been eating a little more raw this summer but not totally.

coleslaw with cabbage, apple, raisins, carrot, onion, and maple mustard dressing (dressing recipe from Veganomicon cookbook)

Frozen cranberries and cherries blended in my blendtec with ice water.

collard leaves with alfalfa sprouts, carrot, jicama, and squirt of fresh lemon juice in there. This is an afternoon snack while studying.

Those collard wraps look spectacular Robin! I have been going somewhat lighter over the summer. I make stuff all based around my organic basket each week and eat a ton of fruit that I pick up from the farmer's market each Saturday. I do tend to still cook 1-3 big meals on the weekend to eat throughout the week since I don't have much prep time. So leftovers, fruit, and anything that can be microwaved (edamame, sweet potatoes, etc) are pretty much what I eat all week!

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. I made the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate ganache from the Veganomicon cookbook and also made my own carrot cupcake recipe and added a maple icing. I brought them all to work and guess what? Everyone loved my carrot muffins the most! They went like hotcakes compared to the cupcakes, although people liked those too. Everyone wanted to know what I put in the carrot muffins, and the most common question was: what do you replace egg with? And comments like "it must be a real challenge to bake vegan". People really have no clue how easy it is to eat and live vegan. I can't fathom ever getting "bored" with it or running out of ideas. At least one person said she loves to eat my treats because she doesn't have to feel guilty about it. Here are a few pics:

[IMG]
    Carrot Muffins and Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

[IMG] Carrot Muffins and Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

The best compliment though was that I do not look even close to 40!

Thanks yo-yo! BTW, what kind of rice is that? It looks spectacular.
    hey, it's just brown rice, with turmeric in it to colour/flavour it. I do that cos my Mum always cooked rice this way. It wasn't until I was twenty-something that I discovered she did this, I always thought she bought yellow rice!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday was my 40th birthday. I made the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate ganache from the Veganomicon cookbook and also made my own carrot cupcake recipe and added a maple icing. I brought them all to work and guess what? Everyone loved my carrot muffins the most! They went like hotcakes compared to the cupcakes, although people liked those too. Everyone wanted to know what I put in the carrot muffins, and the most common question was: what do you replace egg with? And comments like "it must be a real challenge to bake vegan". People really have no clue how easy it is to eat and live vegan. I can't fathom ever getting "bored" with it or running out of ideas. At least one person said she loves to eat my treats because she doesn't have to feel guilty about it. Here are a few pics:

[IMG]
    Carrot Muffins and Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

[IMG] Carrot Muffins and Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

The best compliment though was that I do not look even close to 40!
    they look so tasty!

RubyDuby

Happy belated, Robinwomb!
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Yeah happy birthday!

Thank you!

...and happy birthday!!

Pizza.

Belated very happy birthday Robinwomb! Your cakes look very yummy! Mmm cake
    Live and let live

Thanks rainbow!

Barry, did you make that pizza crust? I am not a huge fan of pizza but your photo is winning me over lol.

Thanks rainbow!

Barry, did you make that pizza crust? I am not a huge fan of pizza but your photo is winning me over lol.
    Yeah I did. It's just a basic dough recipe - flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, sugar and water. I made a calzone last night with the rest of it and it was delicious! Forgot to take a photo unfortunately...

Meatless loaf, veg & baked potato:

RubyDuby

Yum! Did you make the loaf?
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Yeah, I used the recipe from Cozy Inside by Jonie Marie Newman. It was good but very chewy/stringy because of the Vital wheat gluten, in future I will try using standard flour instead.

I just baked two cakes, recipes from The Joy of Vegan Baking.

Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing

Cinnamon coffee cake

Hi Blueberries, do they taste as good as they look? I assume that you use a stencil to do the decorations - is it icing sugar or what? Looks great!
    Live and let live

Quote rainbow
    Hi Blueberries, do they taste as good as they look? I assume that you use a stencil to do the decorations - is it icing sugar or what? Looks great!
    Heya Rainbow, thanks for the compliment! The chocolate cake is amazing, I know as I've made it before, but I haven't tried the cinnamon cake before and they're not being eaten until tomorrow! The designs on the chocolate cake were made with a stencil and Dr Oetker silver shimmer cake decorating spray, which by all accounts is vegan.
    Houmous atá ann!

Thanks for sharing!
    Live and let live

Aren't you clever Blueberries? If I make a cake (which I generally don't) it always looks as if it's been in a fight (for a reason)

hedgehoglovely

Quote Blueberries View Post

Cinnamon coffee cake

Oooh the chocolate one is so pretty and the cinnamon coffee looks really yummy too. Craving cake so much now!

Quote Blueberries View Post

Cinnamon coffee cake

mmmm cake- they look lush, I especially like the heart and butterfly on the choc cake!

Thank you guys! The cakes were yummy and were well received by my omni family!

@Harpy, the idea of your cakes getting into fights made me laugh!
    Houmous atá ann!

I don't really have a sweet tooth, but that chocolate cake looks cracking Blueberries!

Tacos -