Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of good vegan food you've eaten! (2)

Default Pictures of good vegan food you've eaten! (2)

Last batch! I went to Washington D.C. for a conference. Because I was working most of the time, I didn't get much opportunity to do vegan tourism (although I was immensely relieved to find a convenience store near the conference hotel that sold a great range of vegan sandwiches, salads, noodle dishes and cookies - what a godsend. If anyone is stuck at a conference in the Woodley Park hotels, go to Manhattan Market on Connecticut Avenue for vegan yummies). I did manage to get a decent tofu scramble and berry smoothie at one place near the conference, and a tasty bean burrito at another, but was too embarrassed to take a camera with when networking with American colleagues!
    On the last two days, I got a chance to visit Busboys and Poets. I sought out this restaurant for several reasons - it has a great range of vegan dishes (but is not a vegetarian restaurant, which was useful because I was not travelling alone and had to accommodate other people's preferences), and it supplies desserts by Vegan Treats, who do incredible cakes (anyone who has eaten in NYC is likely to have come across these at some point). I highly recommend to anyone living in or visiting the DC area. I wish I could have gone more than twice. Here is what I scoffed while there:

Vegan pizza:

Pan-seared basil tofu with risotto (this was really really good; the photo does not really do it justice):

Raspberry cheesecake (this was incredible):

Chocolate brownie with ice-cream (I'm pretty certain this was a Vegan Treats brownie; they're the best! Crisp on the outside, gooey in the middle, with a fudgey chocolate icing and brown and white chocolate decorations - heavenly):

I didn't want to leave! But my Mum has promised me a honey cake soon (made without honey, obviously; it's incredibly good, I must learn how she does it. She uses a special blend of several different syrups and it has the most amazing taste and texture).
    Live and let live

Default Re: Pictures of good vegan food! (6)

That pizza looks fantastic! I'm going to have to make pizza very, very soon indeed...
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

brilliant pictures kitteh and rainbow! - that choc mousse cake looks gooooooooooooooey, rainbow!!!

Yes! The doughnuts are gone! I'm just glad that mousse cake isn't on top. I mean, that burger look awesome, but it's the sweets that make me
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Wow...I have been to Busboys and Poets, but did not know they had desserts like that!
    I think I shouldn't spent my money on expensive mojitos....
    tabbouleh-bouleh

BBQ portobello burger with hummus and tomato-onion chutney (and rolls are home-made too):

Chickpeas Romanesco & Saffron-Garlic Rice (both from Veganomicon):

Broccoli Polenta and Cilantro-Basil Pesto (Veganomicon) with some roasted peppers:

Quote Kitteh View Post
    Here's a brand new photo thread as #5 is now closed.

Black bean slider with mango sauce & guac, on a gf bun

Where can I find the recipe for the risotto
    Gf pasta with roasted mushroom, zucchini, lentils and oregano marinara sauce

Leek, pea, roasted mushroom risotto (I'll be blogging the recipe soon)

Pecan Pie (I'll be blogging the recipe soon)

Gf Quinoa PB Cookies (modified from VCIYCJ)

Green Posole Jackfruit Stew from Viva Vegan!

Yellow rice with garlic from Viva Vegan!

Quote ursus_arctos View Post
    BBQ portobello burger with hummus and tomato-onion chutney (and rolls are home-made too):

Chickpeas Romanesco & Saffron-Garlic Rice (both from Veganomicon):

Broccoli Polenta and Cilantro-Basil Pesto (Veganomicon) with some roasted peppers:

Mmmm that's some yummy lookin' food, and the bokeh is pretty damn tasty too!

Very impressed with Kitteh's and ursus_artcos's pictures - I am especially impressed that even the roll in Ursus's first picture was home-made! Wow!

I have a few more goodies to share with you.

First, as promised, a couple of pictures of the "honey" cake my Mum made for me (100% vegan, of course - she used rice syrup and maple syrup in lieu of honey. It was heavenly syrupy goodness).

(A bit out of focus, sorry!)

Next, some chickpea cutlets that I made for a belated dinner party for my Mum's birthday. Recipe from Veganomicon. Served with creamy mash and asparagus. The cutlets were really good, like an easy version of seitan (they contain vital wheat gluten), and I will definitely make them again.

Last but not least, a chocolate mousse cake with chocolate ganache!
    Whole:

Slice:

Cut:

I was inspired by this: http://www.maplespice.com/2010/03/do...ayer-cake.html but used my own cake recipe and didn't have enough white chocolate to do the curls. The mousse and the ganache were awesome. This was one of the yummiest things I ever made!
    Live and let live

Quote rainbow View Post
    Raspberry cheesecake (this was incredible):

Chocolate brownie with ice-cream (I'm pretty certain this was a Vegan Treats brownie; they're the best! Crisp on the outside, gooey in the middle, with a fudgey chocolate icing and brown and white chocolate decorations - heavenly):
    Nice pics, Rainbow. Sorry for asking this 'wrong' question, but - which camera did you use?
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Hi Korn. I used a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. It's a super camera - 30th birthday present from my parents, and they chose very well! It requires a very low level of technical and photographic skill (just as well, as I lack both) - it's incredibly easy to use. My friend reviews cameras for a living and he was impressed with it.
    Live and let live

That is an incredible quality! I don't really care about cameras though, just cake
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

In that case, DiaShel, here are some more cake pictures!
    My Mum had an extra charity bake sale today as part of the MacMillan World's Largest Coffee Morning. So I rolled up my sleeves and here is what I made!

Coffee cake (of course; it's a coffee morning!)

Chocolate-cherry cupcakes

Rum'n'raisin cupcakes (with a few chocolate-cherry cakes lurking in the background!)

Raspberry-coconut bombs (coconut cakes with a raspberry centre and coconut icing)

Need a name for these ones. Autumn cupcakes? Apples, raisins, brown sugar and a mixture of spices. Low-fat but some of the most moist and tasty cupcakes I ever made. They weren't the best-looking but they were so yummy and I shall make these again for sure.

Here are the cakes lined up before I took them to their destination (the coffee cake is hiding in the silver tin at the back; I couldn't fit the coconut-raspberry bombs in the shot)

I love baking cakes! And dreaming up and experimenting with new recipes. My wish to bake exceeds my ability to eat, so I love it when I get a chance like this to go nuts and make loads of cake. And I was rewarded when someone I had not met before turned up at the bake sale, looked wistfully at the table, and then explained that she was almost vegan so would just have a cup of coffee, thanks. Imagine her face when I pointed out that half the cakes were vegan! I am hoping that this might encourage her to take that final step from "almost" to "vegan". lol
    Live and let live

All looks great, Rainbow! I like your story about the almost vegan girl. I am thinking about how happy I would be to accidentally stumble upon your table and learn that the cupcakes were vegan!
    tabbouleh-bouleh

My dinner last night:

I don't do neat presentation.
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

Quote sprollie View Post
    Where can I find the recipe for the risotto
    As soon as I blog it, I'll add the link here

Quote ursus_arctos View Post
    BBQ portobello burger with hummus and tomato-onion chutney (and rolls are home-made too)
    That looks DELICIOUS!

Rainbow - everything you make looks great, your cupcakes are adorable! And I'm so glad that girl got to buy some, let's hope she's all-the-way-vegan now!
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

My Vegan Carrot cake

Fonducoeur and Kitteh: thanks!

Here's some more mess from my kitchen. I'll do savouries first, then sweets.

Stir fry with noodles and tofu:

Pizza 1 - my brother made this:

Pizza 2 - I made this (I'm less keen on the "cheese" and more keen on the vegetables!)

What else to do with leftover pizza toppings but stick them on toast?
    Live and let live

Ok, desserts time!

rainbow fruit salad

Again but with yoghurt, ice-cream, sauce and sprinkles:

Cookie!! (Rocky road cookie from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, minus the almonds. Best Cookie Recipe Ever)
    Live and let live

Nice, Rainbow. That looks so yummy. Which vegan ice cream did you use? And for the yoghurt, did you use Alpro Soya's?
    "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." ~Alice Walker.

Thanks! The ice cream was Swedish Glace, the yoghurt was Alpro, both vanilla flavoured. And on the pizza, the pepperoni slices and the "cheese" were both Redwood.
    Live and let live

Yum, I love Swedish Glace, but I somehow prefer Tofutti Ice Cream (that you can find in Holland & Barrett). Great choice, anyway, Rainbow. And, yum, I love Alpro.
    "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." ~Alice Walker.

There are some amazing food pictures here! I'll get some up soon!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

New house, new excuse to bake? (all from VCTOTW and in gluten free versions!)
    First, my mum and dad came down to visit last week, so it seemed only polite to make some cakes:
    basic chocolate cupcakes with coffee buttercream, also rum raisin cupcakes (although made with sultanas instead of raisins!)

Then, our old friend from uni came to stay this weekend; another good excuse. Cue Brooklyn vs Boston Cream Pie Cakes(need to work on the filling:

Also, the tiramisu cupcakes - definitely the favourites!

Now, I just need another excuse to make some more......

Wow, I'm not in possesion of even the slightest sweet tooth, but that looks amazing!
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

yummy you are all making me hungery!!!!!

Incredible cupcakes Smallhelen! You're making my mouth water!
    Live and let live

These look delicious!

My tummy is rumbling

Excellent looking cupcakes smallhelen! I have made the tiramisu cupcakes before, but mine didn't look like that! They were tasty though...
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Broccoli quiche.

Avocado and basil houmous with tomato slices on homemade wholemeal bread.

Savoury pumpkin pasty.

Pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes with cinnamon icing.

Pumpkin soup topped with croutons and roasted pumpkin seeds.

Spiced red bean burger on a homemade wholemeal bun. Potato and sweet potato oven wedges. Spinach and carrot salad.

All recipes on my blog http://enchantingveganeats.blogspot.com/

I'm detecting a pumpkin theme here! I don't normally go for burgers but that one looks fantastic (and so do the wedges, and the salad, and wow, a home-made bun!). I also love the sound of avocado and basil houmous. Thanks for sharing!
    Live and let live

Thanks. I had two big pumpkins to use recently, there's a couple of other pumpkin recipes on my blog too.

Default Re: Pictures of good vegan food you've eaten!

Hi all! I haven't logged in here for ages! Looks like everyone has been posting yummo-looking vegan food!

Avocado palm ceviche from Viva Vegan!

Portobello feijoada with savoury orange rice from Viva Vegan!

Mexican street corn with chipotle dressing from Viva Vegan!

Quick Red Posole from Viva Vegan!

Patacones (bite-sized plantain sandwiches) from Viva Vegan!

Portobello asado with spinach avo salad from Viva Vegan!

Sober beans with chorizo from Viva Vegan!

Kitteh, your pics make anything look good! Nice pictures. Everything looks so good. Way better than the microwaved meatless chicken nuggets I ate tonight lol.

Kimberlily1983

Okay, now I'm famished... Any of you people consider doing mail-order? Mmm...

I noticed a pumpkin theme above, so I thought I'd join in: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cinnamon Icing (VCTOTW as usual, using gluten free flour)

Icing was a bit runny, but who cares about sticky fingers when the cakes are so yummy?
    Now, what to do with the rest of the pumpkin puree I have in the freezer, and the last squash I have on the window sill??

Mmm. Thanks for the pictures. Everything looks so yummy! I haven't posted any pics in a while, so here are a few. I'll do some savouries, then some cakey goodness.

Chilli sin carne:

Roast dinner (with Redwood cheating roast buried underneath all those peas... but I like the peas best!):

Risotto (made by fiancé and absolutely scrumptious):

Pasta with sauce (tomatoes, garlic, basil, sundried tomatoes, olives, redwood sausages, and hummus stirred into the pasta) - also made by fiancé and possibly even more delicious than the risotto, lucky me!

Curry with soya chunks and vegetables, and mushroom and pea rice (was very hungry and eager to eat so took a hasty photo which is ruined by the huge rafts of steam coming off the plate... oh well):
    Live and let live

Desserts!

Double chocolate-chunk muffin:

Ginger cupcake, crisp and fresh:

Ginger cupcakes after being decorated for Hallowe'en:

Raspberry cheesecake with raspberry sauce (not as pretty as the one I bought in DC, but like all of today's pictures, it is home-made):

I'm not great at artistic presentation, nor at photography. I am, however, extremely good at eating.
    Live and let live

Quote Dumile View Post
    Kitteh, your pics make anything look good! Nice pictures. Everything looks so good. Way better than the microwaved meatless chicken nuggets I ate tonight lol.
    Thanks, Dumile!

Rainbow - yummo! I'd love some chili, risotto and a Halloween cupcake!

Kimberlily1983

Quote rainbow View Post
    I'm not great at artistic presentation, nor at photography. I am, however, extremely good at eating.
    Heehee, that's the part I'm best at, too (and it's the most fun!). I like your photos; the food looks delicious!

a few things ive ate over the past 2 days

Strawberries, rasberries and mango with swedish glace ice cream mmmm

Sorry not such a good pic....pasta with tamartoes garlic and sweetcorn

Dinner:- mash potatoes, mushy peas, marrowfat peas, broccoli, roast potatoes, roast sweet potatoes, sage and onion stuffing balls, roasted parsnip, carrots and mint sauce
    Peace, Love and Coffee =)

Swede and horseradish cake. Minted purple potato cake. Garlic sauteed spinach, mushrooms, and butterbeans.

Lemony apple and berry crumble.

Snobby Joes with sweet potato oven fries.

Bean and vegetable chili on a purple baked potato. Kale sauteed with smoke garlic.

Pickled watermelon rind.

Cashew baklava with orange flower syrup.

All recipes on my blog: http://enchantingveganeats.blogspot.com/

Phwoar! All these yummy photos are getting me hungry! Enchantress, I had a quick look at your blog - when you say jus-roll for the pastry, do you mean they do filo? If so where from? Have only ever seen shortcrust and flaky by them. Having said that I normally look at the fresh section rather than frozen...
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Yes, they make filo pastry, both chilled and frozen.

RubyDuby

I haven't posted here in awhile...

Dinner Tonight: Broccoli Cheese Soup (Leahey) with more broccoli added to it. Baked Potato with Smart Balance Light with Flax and Tofutti Sour Cream

Breakfast yesterday: 5-minute Pancakes with Smart Balance and maple syrup, Tofurkey Sausage Links.

The sandwich referred to HERE

Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

RubyDuby

Seitan Steak and onions found HERE and brussels sprouts.

My boyfriend made this amazing General Tso dish awhile back (found on The Vegan Ronin blog)

Veggie Chicken Drumsticks (found at an Asian Market), Smart Dogs wrapped in crescent rolls with Galaxy Vegan Slices, Homemade Mac Salad.

My Eggless fried egg on toast that caused a big stink on facebook. Recipe HERE

RubyDuby

the link didn't work for me ^

I hope people post pictures of their Christmas dinners.

im having a massive plate of roasted spuds. its all im bothered for.
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles