Thread: Earth Internet - Green Internet Services. 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting

Arrow Earth Internet - Green Internet Services. 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting

Earth Internet offers a range of Eco-Friendly Internet services including 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting (Linux and Windows), Eco-Friendly Website Design, maintenance, updates and support.

Our 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting (Linux and Windows) starts from just £50 per year.

We offer hosting packages and website services suited for personal/hobby websites aswell as business sites. We can cater for all.

Make your business greener by running a website powered by the suns rays or show that you have a big passion for the environment.

Have a look at our solar hosting packages here:
    http://www.earthinternet.co/solar-hosting-plans.php

For more information go to:
    www.earthinternet.co

Default Re: Earth Internet - Green Internet Services. 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting

Quote LMP View Post
    Earth Internet offers a range of Eco-Friendly Internet services including 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting (Linux and Windows), Eco-Friendly Website Design, maintenance, updates and support.

Our 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting (Linux and Windows) starts from just £50 per year.

We offer hosting packages and website services suited for personal/hobby websites aswell as business sites. We can cater for all.

Make your business greener by running a website powered by the suns rays or show that you have a big passion for the environment.

Have a look at our solar hosting packages here:
    http://www.earthinternet.co/solar-hosting-plans.php

For more information go to:
    www.earthinternet.co

This is what I've been looking for,.. but in The U.S, .. and Mac-friendly.

Default Re: Earth Internet - Green Internet Services. 100% Solar Powered Website Hosting

Quote X_ View Post
    This is what I've been looking for,.. but in The U.S, .. and Mac-friendly.
    Hi X_,

Although, we are based in the UK, our servers are in a datacenter located in California.

When you say 'Mac-Friendly' what do you mean exactly? I use my macbook to upload files etc to the servers.

Hi LMP, any chance you guys will offer domain registration at a competative price as well?

Quote kamal View Post
    Hi LMP, any chance you guys will offer domain registration at a competative price as well?
    Hi Kamal,

Unfortunately, we do not offer domain name registration. Our focus is just Solar Powered Website Hosting and Eco-friendly Design at present.

Quote LMP View Post
    Hi X_,

Although, we are based in the UK, our servers are in a datacenter located in California.

When you say 'Mac-Friendly' what do you mean exactly? I use my macbook to upload files etc to the servers.
    Hi, LMP.
    Perhaps I didn't search the site enough; I just saw the prices in pounds, not dollars, so I assumed it wasn't available in the US. And, it's been my experience that those who state "PC & Linux" or "Linux & Microsoft" with no mention of Macs, in their various Web Hosting Packages, aren't Mac-friendly in that,.. if, for some reason, I have problems with my site on their servers, they don't have techs, with much Mac knowledge or understanding and/or tolerance, to assist. As outdated as my Macs are, now, even the folks at the Mac dedicated Hosting companies gasp and laugh at what I'm trying to do with these "antiques."

And, I'm with you, kamal - I'm looking for a place for my domains, too. I am so ashamed that mine are still at GoDaddy,.. I have GOT to get them away from "DaddyDearest," ASAP (an unexpected expense took the funds I was saving to move the domains and site so I'm saving my pennies, again).

Quote X_ View Post
    Hi, LMP.
    Perhaps I didn't search the site enough; I just saw the prices in pounds, not dollars, so I assumed it wasn't available in the US. And, it's been my experience that those who state "PC & Linux" or "Linux & Microsoft" with no mention of Macs, in their various Web Hosting Packages, aren't Mac-friendly in that,.. if, for some reason, I have problems with my site on their servers, they don't have techs, with much Mac knowledge or understanding and/or tolerance, to assist. As outdated as my Macs are, now, even the folks at the Mac dedicated Hosting companies gasp and laugh at what I'm trying to do with these "antiques."
    The 'Windows' and 'Linux' hosting packages that you see on hosting sites mean purely that the servers they have are either Windows or Linux, not that the customer must have Windows or Linux to use the service. For example The Vegan Forums will more than likely be on a server that uses Linux. Linux is the most popular type of hosting because it allows you to do much much more with a website and it is generally more secure.

Mac based hosting servers are not common for websites.

For websites that I create and manage I use a Mac Laptop (macbook from 2008) but if I wanted to I could use a Windows, linux or mac computer - it makes no difference. The Windows and Linux terms that you see on the website is just the operating system the server uses.

I hope that makes sense,

If not, feel free to ask any questions.

I understand what you mean. However, I have knowledge, understanding and tolerance as I have been working in IT Support and IT customer services roles for years and I am keen to help anyone.

Quote LMP View Post
    our servers
    ;-)
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Quote Mr Flibble

;-)
    Yes, rented.