Thread: Jump Rope For Cruelty??

Unhappy Jump Rope For Cruelty??

Hi, my school does jump rope for heart for the American Heart Association, but I have been searching on the internet and I have seen on many websites that that particular charity contributes to vivisection. I do not want to give any money to vivisection and therfore do not want to participate, but I can't just miss school and I also don't want to tell my teacher I won't participate in the activities. So what do I do? My teacher is a very understanding man so if there is no other solution then I can go to school and just sit, but I might get in a bit of trouble.

Default Re: Jump Rope For Cruelty??

Hi, could you explain your reservations and ask the teacher if you can give your share of the money you collect to a different charity?

I don't think he would let me. It is ONLY for American Heart. Don't ask me why because I think we should be able to choose our charity.

Hmm, I would think if you say you are keen to participate but not willing to raise money for animal research, and explain why, then there's no reason why you should get into trouble. Either the school should excuse you or (better) they should let you nominate your own charity. It's their choice. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Who do you think you would get into trouble with, the teacher or someone else?

Just in case it helps, have you seen this list of charities showing which do and don't support animal research? There seems to be another heart-related one on there, Heart Support of America, that is OK.

Thanks! I will ask him if I can send it to that charity instead!lol (Cute pic)