Thread: Don't use Bob Martin flea treatment.

Default Don't use Bob Martin flea treatment.

Hi

I've just read this on another forum and thought I should share it with as many people as possible. This person has lost one of her kittens so is very upset. Looking around on the net it seems she's not the only one.

hi just signed up to this as you have been suggested to be the place to help me.i have just lost one of my two kittens after applying bob martin flea treatment for kittens and cats..within minutes they were both fitting and foaming at the mouth,on arrival to the vets i was concerned that they were already aware of the effects of this product..as they have seen the results many times.i am trying hard to make owners aware of the product and also trying to get the company to re package due to the details of what can happen not being on!!! all comments and suggestions would be helpful..thanks for your time

Default Re: Don't use Bob Martin flea treatment.

Yes, I wouldn't use any OTC flea treatments actually as I have read similar things before. I don't like using these things at all but when I do (and I have to at the moment because of a lethal cat/hedgehog combination) I bite the bullet and get them from the vet.

namaste

I've always used front line on our Labrador. A customer told me the other day to give her a garlic pearl each morning as the scent coming through her skin would keep the fleas away. His chocolate lab has been using this method all its life, had never had fleas and is almost 14 years old! now that's got to be better than chemicals.

Yes I'd really like to use something natural. I've just adopted two of my foster kittens and I don't want to use anything toxic on them. I used to use frontline on my old cat but really hated the stuff.

The only thing that worries me is that I've heard people saying that garlic is poisonous for cats. Although I've seen natural cat food that seem to have garlic in it so I'm not really sure who to believe.

I would never use any OTC flea prevention on my babies. They do not go through the same safety regulation testing that the products sold at your veterinarian's go through. I work at a vet clinic so we see things like this happen. I use Revolution on my cats (prevents fleas, ear mites, heartworm disease, & intestinal parasites) and Frontline Plus/Comfortis on my dogs.

Garlic really isn't a 100% effective preventive - we've seen flea invested dogs who have used this method. If people do not want to use any sort of chemical, vacuuming every day will kill any eggs, fleas, and larvae that it picks up. Remember to vacuum furniture and wash bedding in hot water.
    Cats & dogs have all the luck.