Thread: eczema issue

Default eczema issue

Hey folks, I have an issue I was hoping to resolve by either identifying a deficiency or an allergy. Around my nose and between my eye brows I have dry skin. Depending on the day and if I recently washed the area it'll be flaky and red. People often ask me if I was sun burnt in the area. It doesn't look too bad but it is annoying. I've done a little research and I think it might/must be eczema. I read that eczema often is a result of an allergy such as soy. So I cut out soy and nothing really change (going on 4 days so I'm going to hang in there a little longer with this). I think I first had this about 10 years ago which is way before I went vegan (just rounded my 2nd year last month) so I don't think I'm missing any nutrients from my dietary change.

Question, has anyone else had this and resolved it by either cutting something out of there diet or added something to it. I'm one of those nuts that thinks that most things we eat have a direct relationship to our bodies. Thanks for the assistance...

Default Re: eczema issue

I had that on my arms and legs until I started using Chandrika soap once a week on those areas. The other days in the shower the water usually cleans it enough and I'm not dirty or with dry skin at all.

I did have something a bit similar but it turned out to be a reaction to some product I'd started using - either a new cleanser or a new conditioner, I wasn't sure which. I too was convinced it was something I was eating but when I stopped using the cleanser and conditioner it cleared up at once. So if it's a fairly recent thing for you, you might want to think back and see if you've changed any of your toiletries etc. Hope you find a solution.

I think that eczema can be an allergy to cows milks, is there any chance you've inadvertently started eating something / using a new face cream for example that might not be vegan?

Maybe the shampoo I use but other than that I don't know. My right elbow has dry skin as well. My face has actually cleared up quite a bit and I now wonder if it is because I stopped drinking soy milk. I also ordered the Chandrika soap so I will start using that when it comes in.