Thread: Veg*n practice reaps marketing harvest

Cool Veg*n practice reaps marketing harvest

Veggie practice reaps marketing harvest

11-Feb-2005, accountingweb.co.uk

In a novel attempt to differentiate itself in the marketplace, Chingford-based accountancy firm Jackson & Jackson has become the first practice to earn the official approval of the Vegetarian Society.

The firm, which is entirely vegetarian, applied and received the accreditation which allows it to display the Vegetarian Society's "seedling" symbol on its promotional material. Usually the Vegetarian society requires companies to submit their products for approval to show that all the ingredients comply with its standard.

This assessment process was not exactly appropriate for a professional services firm, so instead Jackson & Jackson signed a licence agreement with the society that it would abide by its policies.

In addition to maintaining a non-carnivore recruitment policy, the firm has a policy of supporting other vegetarian organisation, for example in using a vegan Web designer and vegan Web hosting organisation.

Since receiving the approval, partner Hartley Jackson said, "We have seen an unprecedented increase in the number of vegetarian clients on our books."

that's really interesting Gert, but i wonder if their "non-carnivore recruitment policy" might get them into trouble for discrimination, what with the recent stories i've read about that sort of thing

thanks for the article though
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I sent them a note of appreciation. It lets them know that there is international attention, and I hope that this trend catches on in other areas.

*I would be sooo proud if a company I ran adhered to vegan principles as an entire organisation.*
    "if compassion is extreme, then call me an extremist"