Thread: Any San Jose, CA Area Vegans?

Question Any San Jose, CA Area Vegans?

I've been vegan for a while and have had the luck to find/convert vegan friends in college. I graduate in a year and I'll probably be moving out of the vegan-clueless state of Ohio to the California San Francisco Bay Area, more specifically, the San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Jose area. I've visiting right now, and I love the happycow website, so I have an idea of the vegan restaurant scene. What I was wondering about were meet-ups and such around San Jose. Is there anyone in this area who could point me in the right direction or help me start a meetup?
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." ~A. Whitney Brown

couroupita

Default Re: Any San Jose, CA Area Vegans?

Yes, we are around! There are a few groups on meet-up.com. I've never been to any of the gatherings but they are quite active.

There is also a SF Bay Area sub-forum on the PPK forum that is very active. We organize south bay/San Jose meet-ups about once a month. Sometimes we meet up with Santa Cruz or SF vegans, too. There is also a SF vegan happy hour that happens every month.