Thread: Lab chimps hug and laugh as they see daylight for first time in 30 years!

Default Lab chimps hug and laugh as they see daylight for first time in 30 years!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2034439/Free-Lab-chimps-hug-laugh-daylight-time-30-years.html

Not quite free, but better than the conditions they've had to deal with.

Default Re: Lab chimps hug and laugh as they see daylight for first time in 30 years!

I saw the footage on the news,I love the hug that happens before they step out into the sunshine,it is so sad they have been kept inside all this time.

Default Re: Lab chimps hug and laugh as they see daylight for first time in 30 years!

I really hope this highlights how wrong it is to keep them in captivity etc.
    Surprised that Baxter did this, could it be that a medical company is against primate testing? I've always thought of Baxter as a bit of a dodgy company like Bayer or Roche, prolly well into animal testing

Great article. Are they gonna be okay if they were injected with HIV?

I'm fed up with people who think it's okay to use animals in order to try to find a cure for HIV and other diseases. Argh... the sad old reasoning that "Humans' lives are more important than animals." Fed up with this.
    "The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men." ~Alice Walker.