Thread: premature puberty??

Default premature puberty??

Hiya, I am new to here but haven't let that stop me contributing my two pennorths already!
    Y'day I noticed one of my (nearly) seven year old twins had under-arm odour. This is slightly early, but not not loads so. Now, tho, I'm getting neurotic that it's all the soya (milk, yogurt etc) bringing on precocious puberty- any one know anything?
    Thanks.

Default Re: premature puberty??

You're right with it being neurosis.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote Kaha View Post
    Now, tho, I'm getting neurotic that it's all the soya (milk, yogurt etc) bringing on precocious puberty- any one know anything?
    Thanks.
    HI Kaha,

If you google soy and puberty you'll find that some people suggest that there is a link between soy and early puberty (and a lot more...). I don't use soy milk or soy yogurt... there's reallo no reason to use it - so if you want to feel safer and don't worry about it - just don't use soy. Soy became somewhat popular among vegans and vegetarians some decades ago when some people thought that it was difficult to get proper protein from an animal free diet - which we now know is wrong.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Unless little bodies are drinking litres a day... I say no worries about the phyto-hormone level in soya.
    I'm in China where tofu is consumed daily since a couple millennia with no early puberty here outside of Western-diet fed kids.

Some other toxins finding there way out of the body? My daughter had a coke at a b-day party once that led to some funny odor...
    Unless there are other signs, I shouldn't worry.
    the only animal ingredient in my food is cat hair