Thread: Argh...

Default Argh...

One colleague to another: "Oh, yeah, it's so healthy...it's got chicken in it."

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Flesh eating is unprovoked murder. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Default Re: Argh...

I know. Today on a show they were taking a vegetarian pasta recipe and wanted to make it a healthier version. So they added chicken and made it with chicken stock. Yeah.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Oh, I've just heard a thing like this too... Yesterday, a classmate of mine said she wanted to start a diet and eat only healthy things as chicken, fish, milk and cheese . It kind of annoyed me, but I didn't say a thing, because she doesn't know I'm vegan and anyway, she gets angry so easy when someone tries to make her understand something that's above her understanding level. But that's it, some people just can't figure things out.
    "We all love animals. Why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" - K.D. Lang

leedsveg

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I know. Today on a show they were taking a vegetarian pasta recipe and wanted to make it a healthier version. So they added chicken and made it with chicken stock. Yeah.
    Mind you, chicken soup is traditionally known as "jewish penicilin".

lv

LV, is that because of the antibiotics content of the typical chicken feed?

Katee, you might want to read up on the "China study", so next time your colleague discusses the healthyness of chicken, fish and milk, you might be able to contribute something to that - apart from the ethical side.

Seriously, since I have occupied myself with the "healthyness" of eating animal products, I often have good discussions with omni co-workers on whether to eat or not to eat animal products.

Best regards,
    Andy

adam.rurka

Being someone who used to eat 10 or more chicken breasts per week (gulp), I can definetly see where the person is coming from. I used to call it a health food too and truly believe that it was the case. I'm not sure when the masses will start to see that things like this are not true!