Thread: Vegan "supper club" in Newport Pagnell and Nottingham

Default Vegan "supper club" in Newport Pagnell and Nottingham

A vegan friend of mine is planning two "Underground Restaurant" events (12th Nov. in Newport Pagnell, 26th Nov. in Nottingham). Details are on here:

http://stripedcatty.co.uk/

...or I can find out more for you if you like. Newport Pagnell is in/near Milton Keynes and is fairly easy to reach from London.

Everything I have ever had that she has cooked was delicious so I think this should be well worth going to. (I can't make the first two dates myself, which is tragic, though I'm sure there will be more in future.)

Default Re: Vegan "supper club" in Newport Pagnell and Nottingham

I thought Newport Pagnell was in Wales!
    It sounds really interesting,I have heard of pop up shops but not restraunts. So it gets set up in someones home? Does that mean just a few can get in or how does it work? I wont be able to go but would love to hear about it from anyone that does go.

I am quite close to Nottingham but am too fully invested in housework to get away much for a while.

I heard a Radio 4 article about a [non vegan] cake club, which arranges 'secret' locations for meetings. The participants then meet up, make, bake, and eat the cakes [often drinking tea at the same time].

I'm supposing the "underground restaurants" will be hoping to cover their costs somehow.
    Any problems with hygiene legislation Harpy? EDIT: sorry I just noticed the "home of stripey cats".
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

I haven't been to one but I've read a few articles about them in the papers etc, and I gather the word "club" implies that they are more semi-private dinner party (with "donation" to cover costs) than public restaurant.

I think you always need to book in advance and they are generally fairly small as they are usually (though perhaps not always) held in people's homes.

I believe Marrers who is sometimes on the forum has actually been to one (not this one as it's new), so perhaps if she sees this she will tell us about it.

We went to the rehearsal yesterday and had a lovely time - photographic evidence here http://www.flickr.com/photos/m-j-i/s...7628069398962/.

Do consider it if you're within reach of Milton Keynes, Nottingham or Ealing (Ealing on 3rd December is an extra date since I originally posted above). You can also reach the hostess as StripeyCatSupperClub on Facebook