Thread: Eating only green smoothies for a week. Safe?

jthompson

Default Eating only green smoothies for a week. Safe?

Is this safe?

I'm not a vegan, although I wish I was. I've been thinking about it for years but just haven't tried that hard I guess. I make a green smoothie for myself sometimes and I don't mind them at all. I know they are really good for you, but could you eat only green smoothies for a week or two?

Thinking of doing it because I really want to get it shape again and I am tired of eating meat and bread and sugar and all that garbage.

Thanks for the input.

Default Re: Eating only green smoothies for a week. Safe?

Short answer is for a week (or 2) yes it is safe. I start my day with a green smoothie that includes these veggies: kale, spinach, carrots, and tomatoes; ground flax seed, maca, and sunwarrior protein powder.
    If you're going to just have this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner I would recommend using the protein powder because you're not going to get much protein just from the veggies. Also, take a dissolvable vitamin B-12 supplement. For two weeks you should be alright, although if you did this for a seriously long time I would be interested to know what the long term affects of not using your teeth to grind up food, I've heard it could be bad (but who knows). Also, you should get some blood work done, if you are doing it longer than two weeks, to see if you are missing anything in your diet. Good luck and don't forget to workout, diet is only part of the lose weight equation...

jthompson

Default Re: Eating only green smoothies for a week. Safe?

Thanks for the reply. Maca huh? Never heard of it, I will go check that out.

Thanks.