Thread: Tofurkey

Default Tofurkey

Okay, so I'm getting used to meat alternatives. I'm used to Morningstar farms products, but they're only vegetarian not vegan. I bought the hickory smoked Tofurky, and I'm just not feeling it. Will I get used to it? I first hated the veggie-link hot dogs, but now I love them. So far I've been covering up the taste of the Tofurky with vegan pepper jack cheese. Any tricks on how to prepare it or better flavors?

Default Re: Tofurkey

I like it. I actually just finished a package.... how long have you been eatting vegan alternatives? Sometimes it takes a while to get used to them....I hated vegan cheese before, but now I LOVE it. And sometimes you just might never like it. No shame in that. processed food isn't the best thing in the world for you. Maybe you can try a couple of different brands? or some different flavors?
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

There's really no need for it so don't stress if you don't like them. I'm not big on them either. I guess they are convenient but there are lots of other simple sandwiches you can do- PB&J, tofutti cream cheese and jelly or cucumber, salad and hummus, etc.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Like DiaShel said... If you don't like it, don't eat it.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

PixieStick, do you get Gardein products in your area? They are waaaay more convincing than tofurkey and yves meats. I tried Gardein's beefless tips back when I was omni and couldn't tell they difference. Also the "chick'n" strips are so real tasting, I had to double check the package. true story. I went into the freezer and double checked.