Thread: Awesome recipes!

Red face Awesome recipes!

Check out this site, it has a handful of easy, DELICIOUS recipes! They have funny names but the food is 100% serious & cruelty free! If you like it, you can scroll down & like them on FaceBook. Its an interesting twist on the average Vegan sites you come across.

vegancrocotta . com

Default Re: Awesome RECIPES!

Are you the best person to comment on how good the recipes are? :P
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

leedsveg

Quote Risker View Post

Interesting recipes but I tend to switch off when I see cup/cups as a measurement in American based cooking.

Leedsveg

Quote Risker View Post
    I originally just wanted to start a blog to archive my recipes for my own personal use because I have so many. I have pages of recipes either from scratch or ones that were so modified it was hard to tell what was going on on the page due to all the scribbles lol. I had people asking me for recipes, even people who arent vegan. I just thought I'd share I personally believe these are the best home-cooked (& simple!) vegan meals that ive created over the last 7 years. I create all kinds of stuff, but in this life, simplicity & convenience tends to have the upper hand. I dont exactly have the budget nor time for 40 ingredient recipes; just like most the people I meet.

Default Re: Awesome recipes!

Very Lemony Snicket! They look good.

Default Re: Awesome recipes!

Thanks for sharing. I will try some of these. And your recipe names are bad-ass.

Default Vegan Italian 'Sausage' with Lentils

1 2/2 cups lentils

2 Tofurky Italian Sausages, sliced into rounds
    3 stalks of celery, plus leaves, chopped thin
    1 yellow onion
    2 teaspoons oil
    3 1/2 cups water
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Black Pepper
    Cavender’s Greek Seasoning (optional)
    Directions::
    1. Add onion to large pot with oil and saute over med-high heat until soft and translucent.
    2. Add lentils, water & celery to pot & bring to boil. Add salt & pepper to taste. Stir well, cover & reduce heat to med//med-low. Continue cooking for 35-45 minutes.
    3. While lentils are cooking, saute sausage in separate pan with a little oil until slightly crisp on the edges. Add Cavenders Seasoning now if you’re using it.
    4. Add sausage to lentils when they are finished cooking, stir & serve!

Default Amazing 'Meatloaf' - perfect for Thanksgiving!

This tastes just like thanksgiving in a warm, moist loaf. I get so many compliments on this, its ridiculous! Vegans & meat eaters love it, I know you will to!

Binder (4 tbsp water, 4 tbsp oil, 4 tsp baking powder)
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    2 boxes firm tofu
    2 (1 1/2 ounce) packets vegan dried onion soup mix
    1 cup walnuts, chopped
    2 teaspoons oil
    3 cups onion, chopped
    1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
    3 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped (I use portobello mushrooms)
    4 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
    3 cups bread crumbs
    1 cup Ketchup, 2 tablespoons Sriracha Chili Sauce, 2 tablespoons brown sugarDirections::
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the binder ingredients in cup, add to blender. Next, add soy sauce, tofu, and onion soup mix, walnuts into the blender as well. Blend until smooth. Rub a 11×7 baking dish with a very thin layer of vegan butter.
    2. Heat the 2 tsp of oil in large frying pan and saute onion, celery, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Add italian seasoning & cook for 5 more minutes.
    3. Thoroughly mix cooked vegetables with the ingredients from the blender & bread crumbs in large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the ketchup, sriracha & brown sugar.
    4. Press into prepared baking dish & top evenly with ketchup mixture. Bake for 75 minutes. Let cool slightly & serve! Serves 8.

Default Re: Vegan Italian 'Sausage' with Lentils

Hi, not a comment about your recipe (sorry) but can you not change the font colour, I use a dark style and it makes it impossible to read your text.

Default Vegan philly cheese steaks!

4 hoagie style buns

Daiya Mozzarella Cheese

Vegenaise

1 package seitan

1/2 red bell pepper

1/2 green bell pepper

1 garlic clove, minced

1 onion, sliced into half moons

2 teaspoons oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Cook seitan, onions, garlic & bell peppers over med-high heat with oil until they start to become slightly tender, but still crisp.
    Spread Vegenaise on top & bottom of each hoagie bun, layer with seitan mixture & desired amount of Daiya cheese.
    Place on baking sheet, open faced & bake for 15 minutes or until Daiya is gooey. Put the tops on the sandwiches, eat hot & enjoy!

Default Hungarian Seitan Paprikash!

1 1/2 yellow onions, sliced into half moons

1/4 cup oil

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons paprika

1 package seitan

1 cup vegan sour cream (try Tofutti)

1/2 cup vegetable broth

1 package farfalle pasta (bow tie shaped)

Add onions & oil to pan & saute until brown & tender.
    Boil pasta for 8-10 minutes till tender. Drain, set aside. You can coat with oil or margarine to keep from sticking.
    Add setian & paprika to onions & saute for another 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper & veg broth. Stir till evenly heated then add sour cream. Stir till evenly heated again.
    Serve seitan mixture on top of pasta, walla! Serves 6.

Default Stuffed Paseo Peppers! (Mexican style)

3 paseo peppers (large, green peppers that look like a giant serrano or jalapeno-but not quite as spicy)

1 box Spanish Rice-A-Roni

2 cups water

2 tablespoons vegan margarine (like Earth Blance or Nucoa)

1 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles

1 can black beans

1 can corn

1/2 onion, chopped

1/8 cup chopped cilantro

2 teaspoons oil

Lime

Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
    Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions. While it is cooking continue with the steps below.
    Add oil & onion into sauce pan & saute until translucent & tender. Add black beans, corn, cilantro & a couple squeezes of fresh lime juice. Mix around until evenly heated.
    Slice paseo peppers in half, lengthwise. (Try to find ones that are fairly open so it’s easier to stuff, a lot of times they like to grow caving into themselves.) Oil up a baking dish that will hold all peppers.
    Mix Rice-A-Roni with the onion, bean & corn mixture. Use this to fill the halved peppers after you place them in the baking dish.
    Bake for 45 minutes or till peppers are fork tender, let cool slightly & serve! Serves 6.
    *TRY topping with Daiya Spicy Jack Vegan Cheese 1/2 way through the baking process!)*

Red face Check out these awesome recipes!

Check out this site, it has a handful of easy, DELICIOUS recipes! They have funny names but the food is 100% serious & cruelty free! If you like it, you can scroll down & like them on Facebook. Its an interesting twist on the average Vegan sites you come across.

Recipes include:: Stuffed Sadistic Paseo Peppers, Ghastly Onion Gravy, Ill-Boding Italian Sausage with Lentils, Merciless 'Meat'loaf, Somber Seitan Paprikash & MORE!!!

Default Re: Hungarian Seitan Paprikash!

Mmm, that sounds great. Thanks for sharing!
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Default Delicious holiday green bean casserole

1 Tablespoon Salt

1 1/2 pounds of Fresh Green Beans (trim edges off & chop into bite size pieces)

1 Small can of Mushrooms

3 cloves of Garlic, minced

3/4 cup Vegetable Broth

3/4 cup Regular Soymilk

2 Tablespoons Flour

Salt & Pepper to taste

1 1/2 slices of your favorite Bread

1 Tablespoon Vegan Margarine (like Earth Balance or Nucoa)

3oz can of French Fried Onions

1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and beans to the pot. Cover and cook about 7 minutes. Strain the beans & rinse with cold water. Set aside.

3. Add mushrooms, garlic, vegetable broth, salt & pepper to a skillet. Slowly whisk in flour. Simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens. Add your soymilk and simmer until thick, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in green beans. Set this all aside.

4. Off to the side put your slices of bread, margarine, salt & pepper into a food processor//blender until chunky yet crumbly. Make sure to stir around every few seconds to evenly chop it all. Pour into a large bowl & gently toss in the french fried onions.

5. Use a little extra vegan margarine//oil to lightly coat a baking dish. Pour in your green bean mixture & top with the bread crumb mixture. Bake for about 15 minutes & serve! Serves 6-8

Default Re: Delicious Holiday GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!

Why canned mushrooms and onions? Why not fresh?

Convenience. For the cooks that are more savvy in the kitchen, they know to use more fresh ingredients. I try to simply my recipes as much as possible to make it easy for the everyday person that tries them and seeing as how the main focus is the green beans, those must be fresh. Making french fried onions from scratch would be delicious, but for most people I think it would be to time consuming, especially around holiday time when this is only a side dish. But for the people that have the time and resources, more power to you - it will only make the recipe that more awesome

Fair enough, I looked up french fried onions after posting, I didn't realise they were something different to regular fried onions.

Default Re: Delicious holiday green bean casserole

Quote VeganCrocotta View Post
    Visit www.vegancrocotta.com for more recipes to complete the holiday feast!
    Thank you for this! I just started a thread yesterday, listing my traditional menu for Thanksgiving, and asking for suggestions on making each dish vegan. This will be my first vegan holiday, and I intend to serve vegan dishes alongside that ghastly turkey to my meat-eating family. I am in the process of re-writing each recipe I use, replacing all animal ingredients with vegan ingredients. I have no doubt they will love all of it, and it will be one step toward convincing them that they, too, could be vegan eaters.

I try not to be that person who challenges everyone to be vegan, using a softer approach instead so they don't go on the defense immediately. This will be my one chance to literally stuff it down their throats!!!

This green bean casserole recipe looks perfect. I am off to see your other recipes in the link above.

Default Thanksgiving 'Meat'loaf, Green Bean Casserole & Mashed Potatoes!

These are my tried & true, fail-proof recipes for the Holidays. Never have I had someone tell me anything less than AMAZING! Which is why I started a recipe site. I will post the Green Bean Casserole here, but please visit vegancrocotta.com for the others. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! (P.S. - My recipes have ridiculous names, but the food is 100% deliciously serious!)

Hellish Holiday Green Bean Casserole

1 Tablespoon Salt
    1 1/2 pounds fresh green Beans
    1 Small can of mushrooms (or equivalent of fresh if you like)
    3 Cloves of Garlic
    3/4 cup of Regular Soymilk
    2 Tablespoons Flour
    3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
    Salt & Pepper to taste

1 1/2 slices of your Favorite Bread
    1 Tablespoon Vegan Margarine (like Nucoa or Earth Balance)
    3oz can of French Fried Onions

1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt & green beans to the pit. Cover & cook about 7 minutes. Strain the green beans & rinse with cold water. Set aside.
    3. Add mushrooms, garlic, vegetable broth, salt & pepper to a skillet. Slowly whisk in the flour. Simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens. Add your soymilk & simmer until thick, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in green beans. Set this all aside.
    4. Off to the side put your slices of bread, margarine, salt & pepper into a foor processor//blender until chunky yet crumbly. Make sure to stir around every few seconds to evenly chop it all. Pour into a large bowl & gently toss in the french fried onions.
    5. Use a little vegan margarine//oil to lightly coat a baking dish. Pour into your green bean mixture & top with the bread crumb mixture. Bake about 15 minutes & serve. Serves 6-8

((Holiday time?! Try serving this with Merciless 'Meat'loaf, Morose Mashed Potatoes & Ghastly onion Gravy for a complete feast!))