Thread: Shelton and carbohydrates / proteins

sekto

Default Shelton and carbohydrates / proteins

hi

just joined this forum, hope its the right section.

I readed some Shelton books, but i cant get his theory about do not mix proteins with carbohydrates.

he says never mix bread with meat, pasta with meat in same meal etc. Well i dont eat meat anymore so aint a problem.
    But some foods has
    carbohydrates and proteins so why he didnt say anything about those foods ? What u think about this ?

he push people to eat salad, always, and thats good but if I follow his book i even regret to use Olives inside salad ( I love them ) cause Olives have proteins also etc and so many other examples.

At the moment im reading shelton and ehret, if u have any advice on a good reading more modern, lemme know please

Thanks for any reply

Default Re: Shelton and carbohydrates / proteins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_M._Shelton

In 1927, he was arrested, jailed and fined three times for practicing medicine without a license. These arrests continued periodically through the next three decades while he continued to lecture and campaign for his ideas.[2]
    In 1932, Shelton was jailed repeatedly for practicing medicine without a license. Found guilty of violating the Medical Practice Act, he served 30 days on Rikers Island.
    In 1942, Shelton was charged with negligent homicide and "treating and offering to treat a human being without a state medical license" for starving a patient to death.[2] The case was never tried and charges were dropped.
    In 1978, another patient died at one of his schools, this time apparently of a heart attack. After a two-year-long court battle, Shelton lost the lawsuit for negligence and was bankrupted by the judgment.[2] The school closed as a result.
    He also died in 1985 so as well as having some very strange ideas he also had some very out of date ideas.

What you're referring to is food combining.

I wouldn't pay it any attention if I was you.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth