Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vegan Spain

I sent Yves Rocher an email about a vegan list and they told me that they couldn't send me suc a thing, that I'd have to enquire about a specific product :/

Another question for Spanish vegans out there- what kind of non-dairy milk do you use? Every non-dairy milk I see has vitamin D but it doesn't state whether it's the vegan vitamin D2 or the non-vegan vitamin D3. I get Alpro because in Ireland it states that it's suitable for vegans but I'm not sure about other brands here. Thank you
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Vegan Spain

Hi Blueberries, maybe you can try here:

http://www.forovegetariano.org/foro/...splay.php?f=58

good luck

Quote Jara View Post
    Hi Blueberries, maybe you can try here:

http://www.forovegetariano.org/foro/...splay.php?f=58

good luck
    Gracias, I'll give it a look-see
    Houmous atá ann!

You're welcome. I think the best thread for you must be that one:

http://www.forovegetariano.org/foro/...ead.php?t=4697

maybe you've seen it already, just in case. The symbol (V) means vegan so, all of the products in that list are vegan.

Quote Jara View Post
    You're welcome. I think the best thread for you must be that one:

http://www.forovegetariano.org/foro/...ead.php?t=4697

maybe you've seen it already, just in case. The symbol (V) means vegan so, all of the products in that list are vegan.
    Thanks, I had a look through it and most of the soya milk brands were on it
    Houmous atá ann!

Not currently a vegan

Default Re: Vegan in Spain??

Hey everyone! My name is Terra and I just moved to Madrid. I have been vegan for a year (in california) before I came here and it was sooo eay. Since I've been here I havenet been able to be vegan. Im living in my own apartmnt now and am trying to cook my own food but I cant find any stores that sell vegan ingredients I need. I want humus, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, egg replacers, milk replacers.. etc. Anyone have any suggestions on were to go to get these products?

Also I am very interested in getting more active in animal rights here in spain and I dont know if there are any organization or suppport groups that meet here. Does anyone know anything about that? I am very interested in getting more involved.
    Thanks!

If you understand Spaniish there is a lot of information here (if you want to get involved in something and for eating, shoping...):

http://www.forovegetariano.org/

You can also buy here (and I'm sure in lots of more places as supermarkets and shops, have a look to the vegetarian forum in the other link):

http://www.vegguide.org/entry/13431

And here you have more information, easy with google, isn't it?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...Cuas0QXbxoCADw

Enjoy

Hi Terrabera! I live in Barcelona, I have never lived in Madrid but I can share my experience, hopefully.it will be useful! I get houmous in the Mercadona or El Corte Inglés. El Corte Inglés is good for health-foody stuff. Plant milk you can get anywhere, ViveSoy is vegan and available in every supermarket. I also like Alpro. There is a vegan shop in Madrid, Planeta Vegano, I have never been but I am sure you can pick up some unusual vegan ingredients there.
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Vegan in Spain??

Quote terrabera View Post
    Hey everyone! My name is Terra and I just moved to Madrid. I have been vegan for a year (in california) before I came here and it was sooo eay. Since I've been here I havenet been able to be vegan. Im living in my own apartmnt now and am trying to cook my own food but I cant find any stores that sell vegan ingredients I need. I want humus, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, egg replacers, milk replacers.. etc. Anyone have any suggestions on were to go to get these products?

Also I am very interested in getting more active in animal rights here in spain and I dont know if there are any organization or suppport groups that meet here. Does anyone know anything about that? I am very interested in getting more involved.
    Thanks!
    Hello Terra in Madrid there is a Vegan Store called: Planeta Vegano (www.planetavegano.com) All is vegan: sausages, burgers, cheeses, ice cream, organic food, and more
    Calle Ave Maria, 34
    Lavapies: metro line 3 or line 1
    You can see the products in; http://www.planetavegano.com/eshop/

Quote tigerbabe View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of what it's like to be a vegan in Spain??

My parents are thinking of moving to spain and want me to go with them, so I'm just trying to find out even simple things like can you but vegan margarine over there???
    Hello there,

I am a vegan currently living in Spain and I haven´t seen any margarine, butter, cheese or egg replacements. You can get a few non-dairy milks in most supermarkets and Soy Yoghurts in "Carrefour" hypermarkets. They seem to have lots of health stores (Herbolarios I think they are called), which sell Quinoa, Flax seeds etc. Their fruit and vegetables are lovely so I try to stick to a plant based diet. Eating out is the biggest problem as usually the only vegan item on the menu is salad.

Hope that helps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote terrabera View Post

Thanks!

Hi Terra I do not live in Madrid but where I live you can get hummus, soy milk, oat milk and rice milk in Mercadonna supermarkets and they sell soy yoghurts and almond milk in Carrefour hypermarkets. I saw coconut oil in an indian store the other day so look in one of those if you know of any.

Hope that helps

Hi Moo Cow, is there any organic vegetable oil margarine available in the Carrefour? Sometimes I have seen it in hypermarkets. Do you have an El Corte Inglés anywhere near you? You should be able to get it there.

Whereabouts in Spain do you live?
    Houmous atá ann!

Hi Blueberries, I haven´t seen that in Carrefour although I haven´t looked as I do not use butter or margarine. I live in Benidorm at the moment although I am returning to England in 3 weeks. I would highly recommend the Carrefour Soy Yoghurts (natural sugar/sweetener free variety made by Soyasun), they are delicious mixed with chopped nuts and flax seeds.

Quote MooCow View Post
    Hi Blueberries, I haven´t seen that in Carrefour although I haven´t looked as I do not use butter or margarine. I live in Benidorm at the moment although I am returning to England in 3 weeks. I would highly recommend the Carrefour Soy Yoghurts (natural sugar/sweetener free variety made by Soyasun), they are delicious mixed with chopped nuts and flax seeds.
    Hi MooCow, I have never been to Benidorm, is it nice? That's a big place, there should be an El Corte Inglés somewhere
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote Blueberries View Post
    Hi MooCow, I have never been to Benidorm, is it nice? That's a big place, there should be an El Corte Inglés somewhere
    Benidorm is a place for partying, if you live in the centre it is very busy with drunk tourists day and night. I live further out near the mountains and it is much more peaceful and has some beautiful views. Also the weather is great

I've noticed that Christmas sweets are starting to come into supermarkets- sugared almonds, turrón, marzipan. Sugared almonds are usually vegan, and I have seen vegan turrón and marzipan sweets. Most supermarkets have their own brands.
    Houmous atá ann!