Thread: UK Government to make medical records available to animal testing corporations?

Default UK Government to make medical records available to animal testing corporations?

I'm not sure about the specifics, but I heard news relating to this on radio 4 this morning... though they didn't refer to the nature of the corporations which would have access. I suppose the data will have personal names removed, that would be basic common sense, right?
    Problematic is waking someone whom pretends to sleep.

Default Re: UK Government to make medical records available to animal testing corporatio

That seems to be the idea:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16021240

Much as it pains me to agree with anything the government does, I'd probably support this, other things being equal. It would potentially reduce reliance on animal experiments, for one thing.

Default Re: UK Government to make medical records available to animal testing corporatio

Sounds like a sensible idea. I don't really get the concern about confidentiality, the chance of someone identifying a medical record worth any interest (celebrity, mp etc.) that has anything interesting on it and then actually misusing the information just seems ridiculously remote to me. I can't see why it would be a problem for most other people.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Assuming they are anonymous I don't really see the problem, and if not then it's kind of ridiculous and surely goes against the data protection act.