Thread: Karma maybe??

Default Karma maybe??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...w-carcass.html

i know it's awful news but I can't help thinking if it's karma? no one was worried for the cow!

leedsveg

Default Re: Karma maybe??

Hi Daffodil.

I think that karma, heaven and hell etc were dreamt up to make people believe that there's some kind of cosmic poetic justice out there. In other words, 'if you do bad deeds, they sooner or later catch up with you, if not in this world, then in the next one'. Perhaps a worthy idea but I don't remotely believe in it. Staff suffering accidents and fatalities in abattoirs is not unusual but it seem to be a case of poor safety practices and happenstance rather than 'spiritual revenge'.

Leedsveg

i knew as soon as seen the title it was that story was reading it on facebook from someone earlier thought it funny and yes karma lol

Quote mchelle81 View Post
    thought it funny and yes karma lol
    I'm sorry to say this, but I don't find anyone dying funny. I don't like judging people that I don't know anything about.

Quote Firestorm View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but I don't find anyone dying funny. I don't like judging people that I don't know anything about.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

Crusty Rat

I might say it was "karma" if something similar happened to the owners of such a place, but the kind of people who work in abbatoirs and factory farms tend to be disadvantaged, often with learning disabilities or other handicaps - people who can't get jobs anywhere else.

Abbatoirs and factory farms are notorious for poor working standards - the people who own them care no more for the humans working there than the non-human animals they kill. I see human rights as a part of animal rights (and being vegan).

Crusty Rat

Not that I'm condoning anyone working in an abbatoir...