Thread: Vegans on "Coach Trip" on Channel 4

Arrow Vegans on "Coach Trip" on Channel 4

On the move with Big Brother

Joe Joseph, March 08, 2005, entertainment.timesonline.co.uk

REALITY SHOWS increasingly resemble Cluedo in the way that they just settle for creating new permutations of now familiar reality-show staples; the format’s equivalents of the candlestick, Colonel Mustard, the library, the dagger and Professor Plum. Here’s another similarity to Cluedo: many reality shows make you feel as if you’re watching some kind of criminal activity in progress; even though it may not be a criminal activity proscribed by any known law. It’s the way some of these shows seep a sense of easy malice, heedless of the emotional consequences.

Take Coach Trip (Channel 4), in which seven couples embark on a 30-day bus tour around Europe. If you don’t like the trippers you’re travelling with, you can vote to send them home. A bit like Big Brother on the move, then.

he couples? There’s Barbara and Pete, who’ve never been abroad on holiday; Marion and Phil, who are wary of foreign food; experienced booze-cruisers Steph and Joanne; Max and Tom, two young men from Sussex; Jaki and John, the two oldies in the mix; Rob and Eva , vegans from Wiltshire; and Emma and Sally, sisters from Gloucester who argue a lot. So, a collection pretty much hand-picked for incompatibility and for their potential for conflict; especially when Jaki produces her guitar on the Channel crossing and sings a self-composed song about tampons.

Click the link for the rest of the article.

It looks like its on the telly on weekdays at 1630, and repeated the following morning at 0820, but Saturday is a ??

Has anyone seen it yet ?

especially when Jaki produces her guitar on the Channel crossing and sings a self-composed song about tampons
    Lol, sounds like bit like something Phoebe in 'Friends' would do!!

Haven't seen in yet, but will make a mental note to try and do so.

Am I wrong in thinking there was a small article in the last 'The Vegan' magazine about it???
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Unhappy

Not worth watching now, I read it was on and taped it yesterday, and saw them both today. The Vegan couple were voted off the show, so will now be replaced by a gay couple.
    I had hoped that they would last longer, not really sure why they weren't liked but some of the others are, to say the least intollerable.
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies!

Quote Poison Ivy
    Am I wrong in thinking there was a small article in the last 'The Vegan' magazine about it???
    Yes, there was and it did mention that they were voted off early.