Thread: Is choline vital? Should I not worry about it?

Earthlings

Unhappy Is choline vital? Should I not worry about it?

Is choline vital? How can I get extra Choline?

I currently have written this diet up on cron-o-meter.com:

7 Glasses of Water
    20 Bananas
    1 Orange
    1 Apple

140g of Potatoes steamed
    2 Tbsp Dried Basil
    6 Tbsp Dried Oregano

415g of Haricot/Navy Beans cooked
    6 Tbsp Ground Paprika

2 Tbsp Tahini
    2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
    2 Tbsp Hemp Seed Powder
    1 Brazil Nut
    15-30mins of Sun
    A pinch of Kelp

I know about possible needing too supplement vitamin B12 or eating Fortified Nutritional Yeast. I am not to worried about this at the minute as I have supplement.

I am however finding it difficult too get choline. I don't think I could eat more then 20 banana's. And I know I could not afford much more. Plus then some minerals go over the limit. I don't want to do that either really. I just wish to get my choline too 100%.

I added 1.5 cups of steamed Chard. But magnesium shot up. I don't really want it over 9mg as I heard it causes impotence. But maybe that's only supplements... would it be fine to eat more then the RDL of minerals like: Potassium, Magnesium or Manganese.

Is choline really important?

Could anyone give me a diet that gets all minerals and vitamins up too 100%. Or a few different variations. I am not really a fan of greens but I like herbs, mixed in to mashed potato.

On cron-o-meter I used:
    140g of Potatoes boiled with skin,
    Haricot/Navy Beans cooked = Baked Beans cooked
    18 tsp Dried Oregano = 6 Tbsp Dried Oregano

Default Re: Is choline vital? Should I not worry about it?

You could try making your own bean burgers, using kidney beans and wheat germ, as both are fairly good sources. Apparently though the vast majority of the human population is deficient in choline, I imagine that it's only really a major problem if your lifestyle puts excessive stress opon your liver.

Earthlings

Red face Re: Is choline vital? Should I not worry about it?

Actually a egg gets the RDA... but it also is ridicules high in cholesterol and germs. And then their is what happens on chicken farms too males and chicks, plus out brakes of disease because their all so close together. I don't like this I think it is cruel. Eggs are like a double edge sword. I rather just not take the gamble. And obviously for ethics. If I had my own chicken maybe? But to be honest I have heard more bad then good about eggs. I would rather just find another source.

I know about beans. But I think to also think about what I am capable of eating. I have made some beany burgers though lately they was quite good not had the chance to perfect them yet. Will do in the future once I have my standard day diet worked out.

Earthlings

Default Re: Is choline vital? Should I not worry about it?

Do you know why it's only a stress if you do this or are you guessing? I heard it's related to brain functions and mental clarity.