Thread: Pain relief with Magnets

Question Pain relief with Magnets

As this has been touched on in another thread, i thought i'd start a new thread asking if anybody here uses magnets for pain relief, and if anyone knows how it's supposed to work? i've heard a lot of good things about it, but as these magnets are expensive and i don't understand how they work, i'm a little dubious about buying one.

i wear a copper bracelet, i don't really understand how that works either, but they're a lot cheaper than magnets!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I have magnets for pain relief, also wear one which has totally stopped the pain I had in my thumb joints.
    I always knew I would get arthritis as it runs in the female side of the family, but within a day or two of wearing it the pain was gone and now only comes when I forget to put it back on after a bath.

You need to buy ones with a high gaus (spelling?) rating so that it penetrates deep enougth to be effective. I think mine is 2000+ gaus and is in a wrist band.
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies!

I use magnets for pain relief. Recently when I broke the middle toe of my left foot, walking, or pressing down on the clutch of my car, etc, was excruciating. The doc told me to tape it to the toe next to it. That didn't help the pain, then I remembered having some magnet 'dots', which are little circular sticky tape with a magnet in the centre. I placed two on the toe, and the pain disappeared immediately. I removed them each morning when I showered and went swimming, then they went back on. Now the toe is fine. These dots can be used over and over, and are not expensive.

At the moment I have a magnetic 'dot' on the left side of my forehead because for some reason a headache just arose. Headaches are very rare for me, so I placed the dot and the headache has gone like magic. I'll keep the dot on for an hour or so.

I also have a larger, heavy magnet about the size of my fist. I stand a 2 litre jug of tap water on it at night, then during the following day I drink that magnetised water. It eliminates all the rubbish in tap water.

It's an ancient healing method. Coincidentaly, there is an article about magnets in today's "Sunday Mail", and apparently there have been various tests that prove the efficacy of this method.
    Eve

i'm glad magnets have helped both of you Boomer and Eve.

yes i'd heard about drinking magnestised water as well, i've seen magnetic coasters that you put under your glass.

i've seen warnings on packets of magnetic bracelets that say they can damage watches and credit cards. is this an over-cautious warning or do you have to be really careful about it?
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

I've not used the bracelets etc, but a vegan acquaintance who has a heart pacer, was told to avoid magnets,
    Eve

tails4wagging

My dog sophie, wears a magnetic collar for her arthritis in her spine and it seems to work for her.

My brother in law used the dot type magnet that eve spoke of for a neck problem. It seemed to work for him.

There's also the TENS machine which uses electrical impulses to block pain.

How do magnets work? I don't think it would be a good idea just to block those pain signals. They are obviously there for a reason. There is actually a pretty bad disease that people get (can't remember the name) where they don't feel pain at all, and their brain has no idea that they are injured when they get hurt so the body doesn't heal itself. It was said that pain is our greatest gift.

If magets bring upon healing, and not just temp relief I would be interested though. Clarifying tap water with magets has peeked my interest

EDIT: Oh this reminds me, there is a newly re-discovered substance called white powder gold. Basically distilled gold in the form of a powder. It is used for healing and trancedning. Lots of info is at http://asc-alchemy.com or google for white powder gold. The basic principle is that energy, and our brains signals, being electric by nature, are enchanced by using a conductor (gold), which when absorbed by the entire body brings healing, and can be used/has been used to help people trancend as well.

Quote *M*
    There's also the TENS machine which uses electrical impulses to block pain.
    I used one of those for 'pain relief' when I was in labour, I swear the jolts I got off the Tens machine were worse than the contractions - never again
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Where can I get the dots? Are they expensive?

Wow, this is an interesting thread!

[QUOTE=Gorilla
    i've seen warnings on packets of magnetic bracelets that say they can damage watches and credit cards. is this an over-cautious warning or do you have to be really careful about it?[/QUOTE]

I think that depends on the type.. there are rare earth magnets and another sort that I can't remember the name.. I wear my watch on the other wrist and when I take it off I don't put it near batteries.
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies!

I don't think it would be a good idea just to block those pain signals. They are obviously there for a reason.
    Kim[ba], if you've broken an ankle, a hip, etc, and you are forced to place weight on the limb, that is the reason for the pain. By the way, the disease you can't remember the name of, where they don't feel pain at all, and their brain has no idea that they are injured when they get hurt, is leprosy.
    Eve