Thread: Hello from France !

Default Hello from France !

Hello !

I am french and I live in north east of France (very close to Germany and Switzerland). Sorry for my english but I haven't been practising for a long long time !!
    Well I am vegan since 3 years and before I was vegetarian (since I was 20). What else... I am a very very happy breastfeeding mother : my daughter is 14 months old and I hope it will last a long time ! well I will probably have questions about veganism and breastfeeding next...

Hello crysta, welcome to the forum.

Some hellos from other French or French speaking vegans are on the way I'm sure.

Theres a breast feeding thread HERE.

Hi !
    Chouette une compatriote !!! ^_^
    Bienvenue sur le board ! Tu verras il y fait bon discuter, c'est très convivial, tout le monde est sympa ! ^^
    Une future petite vegan ? On pourra voir des photos ?
    One day, I'll die from an Asian junk food overdose ! lol

Nice meeting you, crysta.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Bienvenue crysta. pleased to meet you, i'm sure your English is fine. i hope you will enjoy the forum.
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote crysta
    Hello !

I am french and I live in north east of France (very close to Germany and Switzerland). Sorry for my english but I haven't been practising for a long long time !!
    Well I am vegan since 3 years and before I was vegetarian (since I was 20). What else... I am a very very happy breastfeeding mother : my daughter is 14 months old and I hope it will last a long time ! well I will probably have questions about veganism and breastfeeding next...
    Hey - I was in that area some hours ago...!

Re. breastfeeding, I can ask my son if you have questions, he's an expert (he's 4 and has been breastfeeding most of his life)....
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Welcome crysta!

You're another non-native English speaker who I have to tell, you speak English better than many people I know who were born and raised in the USA.

I commend all the moms out there who breastfeed long-term. Well done crysta and Mommy Korn Jr.!

Salut Crysta and welcome to the forum

Hi crysta. Welcome

Thank you very much for the welcome !! Well, I can add some more details about my life : I live with my boyfriend Olivier (vegetarian) and our daughter Maëlle in a flat in the country ; we have 2 cats (Oscar and Gaïa) and an incredible dog named Vegan with incredibly big ears !! I stay at home to take care of Maëlle.
    We do our best to buy vegan and respectful (for people and environment)products (cosmetics, house cleaning products, clothes, etc...). Vegetarian products Olivier eats are all organic and Maëlle has cloth diapers...

tails4wagging

Welcome, Your english is 100 times better than my french!!!.

1vegan

Hi crysta, welcome

I don't know much french except for "Je suis vegetalien"

Bon Jour Crysta! That's as far as I can go in French So, you see, you're doing pretty darn good with your English Morning from here.

AWWW Crysta ! Your daughter's so cute ! ^^
    One day, I'll die from an Asian junk food overdose ! lol

welcome to you - lovely family!

Stu

Bonsoir Crysta!

Je suis etais ici depuis un jour, comme vous. Il me semble que tout le monde ici est tres sympa. Je compte que je visiterai cette page pendant longtemps. J'espere que c'est comme ca pour vous aussi.
    (Evidemment, c'est il y a longtemps depuis j'etude la langue Francais!).

I probably just accidentally told you to slap your uncle with a wet plimsoll or something, right? My French WAS vaguely passable about ten years ago (no, really!).

I always find it remarkable that European people are so accommodating. French, German (etc) people always speak English for our benefit, since us British people are crap at languages (or maybe we're just lazy).

Anyway, I hope that you're a regular visitor here. We joined around the same time, so you and I are in the same boat.

Thank you everybody

crysta, I went on a canal boat holiday a few years ago in the Alsace region. Are you anywhere near there? We drove to Nancy (my mum lives in Switzerland) and boated down to Strasbourg and back again. It was truly the best holiday I've ever had. It's so beautiful around there.

What a gorgeous pic of your family

Leigh, I am not far from those places you enjoyed : 150 km in the south of Strasbourg and 160 km from Nancy. I agree : it's very beautiful but a little freezing just now and it's a little bit "lost" (there are 60.000 inhabitants in Belfort which is the biggest town around) !! I do not particularly like town but finding "vegan stores" is impossible around there...

Ditto on the lack of vegan stores here. I think it just forces us all to be a little more resourceful, which is kind of a nice change from all the 'convenience' foods available these days. Of course, if the world went vegan tomorrow and loads of vegan stores popped up everywhere, I probably wouldn't complain