Thread: Vegan Portsmouth

Default Vegan Portsmouth

Hi everyone,

I'm visiting a friend who lives in Portsmouth next month and I have never been there, so what are some vegan options in that area - restaurants, shops, etc.?

Thanks for your help
    The things that we fear the most have already happened to us...

Default Re: Vegan Portsmouth

Hi

I live in Fareham which is about 20 mins away. In Portsmouth town centre you have Holland and Barrett. Restaurant wise the only one I know of offhand is in southsea in marmion road and its a cafe called the Greenhouse Kitchen its lovely its vegetarian but they do lots of vegan options and gorgeous home made vegan cakes plus its very friendly. If you are driving - further on from Portsmouth on the motorway is Petersfield and there is a lovely health shop called the Bran Tub much larger than Holland and Barrett and has loads of vegan stuff - the booja booja ice cream in little tubs is to die for and its the only place locally I can get it! Hope you have a nice time visiting your friend!

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it I'll be sure to check out the Greenhouse Kitchen and while I don't drive, hopefully I can convince my friend to take us by the Bran Tub, hehe.
    The things that we fear the most have already happened to us...

Hell yes! The Bran Tub in Petersfield is great. That's all I got.

The Greenhouse Kitchen is no longer there unfortunately. It is now a meat cafe called Capers. They do do some Vegetarian items, but when I went in there as a Vegan, they didn't really know what to do with me. They knocked me up a brunch, but ended up smothering butter all over the muffin they gave me :-/

There is a cafe called Smile in Marmion Road, Southsea. They serve meat, vegetarian and vegan meals. I'm a bit of a regular in there for their cooked vegan breakfasts.

There is also a place called The Mint Tea Rooms in Castle Road, Southsea that have recently started doing Vegan options

edited to say, just realised this post was Jan 2011. Two months into 2012 and I'm still not there haha