Thread: Marshmallows

Default Marshmallows

ok so where does everyone get their vegan marshmallows from please? after years of deprivation I have finally cracked and I have to have some!!!!

i found this site but a bit dubious about buying food from some random website i've never heard of:

http://sweetvegan.co.uk/store/index....d&productId=27

any tried and tested links please would be appreciated, thanks

Default Re: Marshmallows

I've had Sweet Vegan marshmallows before. They're pretty good. You used to be able to get mis-shapes from them on e-bay if you did a search for vegan marshmallows, however most of the results now see to be for Ananda's marshmallows, which I've tried and wasn't so keen on.

The people who make vegusto sell some decent ones as well, not sure if they're available online though.

ETA: if you look at the buyers comments a lot of people seem very happy with the Ananda's ones. The taste was good, I just didn't think the texture was as good as the Sweet Vegan ones.

I am addicted to vegan marshmallows. I live in the US, so I don't know how much this helps, but I love Sweet and Sara marshmallows for the big variety in various flavors. These I normally order online. Dandies have small ones that are carried in my local Whole Foods store. Both are delish, but I don't know if they ship to the UK.

I have only tried sweet vegan's, but they were absolutely splendid! - Especially the vanilla ones, my kids were so excited and enjoyed them tremendously, and my omni husband found them MUCH better than the 'meaty' ones!

Lakeside ethical treats (who I have never shopped with) stock sweet and sara and anandas, but I've never tried them (but they also sell a vegan version of the classic creme egg which is on my must try list!)...

Think I have a recipe somewhere too, though IDK if it's fiddly or even if it requires obscure ingredients, but I will try to dig it out soon.

Sweet Vegan it is then, thanks guys.

Quote JaneSky View Post
    they also sell a vegan version of the classic creme egg which is on my must try list!
    oh no, don't tell me that!!!! i'm on a diet lol .... I used to LOVEEEEE those. (the meaty ones anyway)

phew .... thankfully they have "mono- and di-glycerides of fatty acids", I try not to touch that stuff, so they're off the menu for me .... the diet lives on! lol

http://www.ethical-treats.co.uk/stor...product_id=155

I can recommend ethical treats - delivery is good and the sweet & sara marshmallows are quite nice (dont bother with the smores though - expensive and tasteless). I have also ordered some of the creme eggs (they are making white choc/caramel ones soon!) and dark choc snickers from them (made by Chocolatewendyhouse), I'm trying the snickers tonight.
    Also Veganstore sell sweet vegan marshmallows and Viva sell sweet vegan ones as well - might be worth comparing delivery!

I love the sweet and sara smores, just sayin!

I did eat something very sweet before hand so that may explain why I found it boring (plus it cost £4 so I had high expectations!) - I kept thinking "this would be so much better if I melted it!". I've just seen they have a peanut butter version, I might give that one a try next time I have spare money.

I love the plain ones...I find that the chocolate on them is very good. They are pricey, though. I usually try to only eat half at one sitting, they are very rich.

Oh, a a few seconds in the microwave before eating? HEAVEN.

I love sweet vegan marshmallows! I buy the tub of minis from Infinity, and made marshmallow 'squares': http://paperbagblog.wordpress.com/20...shmallow-love/

New make of Vegan marshmallows available, they are made to order as well: http://vegan.co.uk/store/chocolates_sweets/96

Quote fondducoeur
    Dandies... but I don't know if they ship...
    I bought Dandies on iHerb, shipping to Ireland was reasonable and pretty punctual. Love them <3
    Houmous atá ann!

I have just ordered some Amanda's vegan marshmallow mix from Amazon- has anyone ever tried it?
    Houmous atá ann!

Hi Blueberries
    I tried making it, a disaster for me I'm afraid. It didn't set, and tasted dreadful.
    I still have one sachet left (you get 2 per packet) but I'm trying to work up the enthuasism to make it.
    Let me know how you do with yours, and if you do okay, I'll retry. Otherwise, if someone on here wants to give it a go - let me know and I'll willingly send the packet, sachet and instructions along.

Quote micthemini View Post
    Hi Blueberries
    I tried making it, a disaster for me I'm afraid. It didn't set, and tasted dreadful.
    I still have one sachet left (you get 2 per packet) but I'm trying to work up the enthuasism to make it.
    Let me know how you do with yours, and if you do okay, I'll retry. Otherwise, if someone on here wants to give it a go - let me know and I'll willingly send the packet, sachet and instructions along.
    Hmmm not encouraging, but I'll still give it a go! I'll let you know how I get on.
    Houmous atá ann!

Please do. It could easily have been me, we all try cooking something and come up with different results, so maybe it was just something I did.
    I really hope yours works then it will encourage me to try again.

I made marshmallows from the Ananda's mix and they turned out really nicely. They are very similar to ones I've made myself before, but having the ingredients pre-measured and a sheet of clear instructions is nice
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote Blueberries View Post
    I made marshmallows from the Ananda's mix and they turned out really nicely. They are very similar to ones I've made myself before, but having the ingredients pre-measured and a sheet of clear instructions is nice
    Well you've given me hope, and i think I will try the second sachet soon.
    I must have done something wrong, maybe I was rushing too much, or something. I'll let you know my results when I make mine.

I have been eating alot of the Freedom brand vegan marshmallows lately. They are an English brand and I found them in my local healthfood shop, was delighted!!! They are available online (VX and the vegan store have them) and come in vanilla and strawberry.
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote Blueberries View Post
    I have been eating alot of the Freedom brand vegan marshmallows lately. They are an English brand and I found them in my local healthfood shop, was delighted!!! They are available online (VX and the vegan store have them) and come in vanilla and strawberry.
    Thank you. Just found these on a website I always order from: Goodness Direct. I shall have some of these yum.

I am now in posession of the marshmallows and shall be eating them tomorrow (my sat night treat) hope they're nice

Quote Daffodil View Post
    I am now in posession of the marshmallows and shall be eating them tomorrow (my sat night treat) hope they're nice
    Yay, hope you enjoy them!
    Houmous atá ann!

Blueberries, I made the other sachet of marshmallows last week and they were good. Still soft but much better. And the ones that were a bit meh, I made a sort of rocky road with, that was lush!