Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yoga

cobweb

Smile Yoga and Meditation

I was sure that there would already be a thread on this but i have searched and can't find one .

I've just started Yoga again today after a 2 year gap. I've gone to classes in the past and have even done a Yoga course, and used to practise around an hour every day. For one reason or another I stopped when we moved here to my present home, and never got started again .

Anyway, I prefer to use a DVD otherwise I just get all disorganised and distracted. My favourite one is 'Yoga and You' with Leah Bracknell (used to be Zoe the mad lesbian in 'Emmerdale' ), and I have ordered a '10 minute solutions' one for days when i'm in a rush. I enjoyed it so much today, in fact at the end when I did the wind-down relaxation bit I actually cried . I'm wondering why the heck I ever stopped.

Also, I meditate - well, I did, but that also stopped and will begin again tonight! . I believe that good use of Yoga and Meditation can really balance body and mind, promote health and well being, encourage positivity and self-discipline, and help with stamina and flexibility. I wish everyone could take them up! .

Anybody else swear by these practices, and, if so, what do you get from them?.
    Last edited by VeganPeace; Jun 26th, 2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: This was the first post in a similar thread

Default Re: Yoga and Meditation

My old high school held this meditation/stress free class when I went there (only 6 people turned up; me and my friends) around exam time. It was great, they taught us this relaxation/meditation technique that makes you so calm and relaxed. Im a very highly strung person, so I swear by it.

Ive always wanted to do yoga, but I have no motivation when im on my own and I was too embarassed to go to a class. Im gunna get a dvd and ask a friend if she will have a go with me.

BlackCats

I really love meditation but I have gotten out of habit of doing it lately.
    I do it sometimes when I go to sleep but I did a Brahma Kumaris meditation class this year where I learnt open-eyed meditation. That was really good.

I have tried yoga but I didn't really take to it, it makes your body feel really good though. I just cringe at thought of rolling around on floor in front of loads of strangers, trying to make my body do things it won't!

cobweb

Ha-ha, just get a dvd and do it in private then!

Default Re: Yoga

Where I work produces loads of books on Yoga.

I'm currently working on one - loads of photoshop cut-outs to do, 30 pictures of the same yoga teacher to cut out of various poses
    Born to Lose - Live to Win!

Default yoga

I have a routine that's a mixture of hatha and ashtanga. I don't follow the diet because it's not vegan but I do the asanas and meditation. I love it.

Default Re: Yoga

Ooooh good links, thanks. I joined the yoga society at my uni three weeks ago, it is amazing.