Thread: Vegan pie in the sky cookbook

Default Vegan pie in the sky cookbook

Has anyone bought the book vegan pie in the sky?

I gave it to myself as a present a few weeks ago and made the lemon mouse pie. I just can't believe how nice it is. I think it's the best pie I've ever made, it looks pretty as well. I'm very much looking forward to using more of its recipes and am going to make a pie for Valentines. Don't know which one yet. I was just wondering if anyone else tried any of the recipes in the book. I can definately recommend it, all the pies look yummy!

Default Re: Vegan pie in the sky cookbook

I was given it for Christmas and can't rate it highly enough. I've got the Maple-Kissed Blueberry Pie on lock down. A big piece of pie served with vanila vegan ice cream is better than anything. I'm not a cheese cake today, a blueberry one actually ha. Do you have any of the other Isa cookbooks? I've got the cupcakes one and Vegan With a Vengence. They're both bloody good too. I want pie now

I have a copy but have not made anything from it yet, there is a thread here about it: New Isa Chandra Moskowitz book! Pies!

Quote Firestorm View Post
    I have a copy but have not made anything from it yet, there is a thread here about it: New Isa Chandra Moskowitz book! Pies!
    Ah sorry about that, I couldnt find this thread when I was looking for it

Quote tofu_lew View Post
    I was given it for Christmas and can't rate it highly enough. I've got the Maple-Kissed Blueberry Pie on lock down. A big piece of pie served with vanila vegan ice cream is better than anything. I'm not a cheese cake today, a blueberry one actually ha. Do you have any of the other Isa cookbooks? I've got the cupcakes one and Vegan With a Vengence. They're both bloody good too. I want pie now
    I've moved my reply to the other thread mentioned here. I'm going to have to make that blueberry pie soon as well btw!

I bought this cookbook from Amazon, and it was delivered yesterday, but I gave it to my sister today, because I do not make pastry myself, nor do I use the ready-made off the shelf varieties.

Usually I visit her and her husband once a week, and, although they are omnivores, they also eat lots of vegetarian meals, and my sister always makes vegan meals for me on these occasions.

So I will get the benefit of the delicious recipes without all the work of making pastry.

When I had lunch there today, she had made a delicious "tropical fruit pie" from a recipe which I had downloaded and given to her. Best of all she gave me the remainder to bring home for my dessert tomorrow.
    Last edited by BilTan; Feb 24th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.

^^ I wish somebody would cook pies for me. The last time someone made me a dessert it was a bowl of melon and strawberries. I like melon and strawberries, but it just doesn't hit the spot sometimes