Thread: Blender recommendation, for Green Smoothies

Default Blender recommendation, for Green Smoothies

Hi, I'd like to start drinking green smoothies, but the blender I have isn't the best. I've searched the net, and everyone seems to rave about Blendtec, but at around £400? they are a bit out of my price range! Could anyone recommend a really good affordable blender please?Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Blender recommendation, for Green Smoothies

I love my Vitamix, but yeah they are pricey.

I have a Blendtec and I love it! I actually found that Blendtec was slightly cheaper than the Vitamix but does have a few disadvantages. It is a huge investment and does cost a bit, but I will tell you these high speed blenders are TOUGH! And they have lifetime warrenties and will last forever. Having a high speed blender really opened doors for me as far as cuisine compared to what my previous standard blender could do (I can make coconut milk with real coconut, nut butters from raw nuts, nut milks, whole juices and smoothies including leafy greens that come out totally smooth and creamy, blend flours from whole grains like buckwheat groats or quinoa, make my own larabars, you name it). I was tempted when shopping around to save money and buy a Ninja or another cheaper version but I am so glad i just went for the real thing even though it set me back some financially. There just isnt a cheaper blender that comes close to comparing to these two high speed blenders.
    Have you tried looking on ebay? Maybe you could find one there for cheaper. I am thinking of doing that with an Excaliber dehydrator.

I am happy with my Philips HR2094 blender, which I have had for about 2 years, and which you can currently buy from several outlets including Amazon, John Lewis, Dixons and Currys for round about £75- £80. I paid quite a bit less than that when it was on offer at Argos.

Some time before I bought the blender I purchased a Philips HR1861 juicer, which is indispensable, and I was so impressed with its performance that I stayed with the Philips brand when I decided to buy a blender. Again I purchased the juicer when it was on offer at Argos, paying about £65 when it retailed at £99.99.

Personally, I use the juicer much more than the blender, but the two machines complement each other. The juicer came complete with the excellent "Jason Vale the Juice Master Keeping it Simple" book, which has some super recipes for juices and smoothies.