Thread: Information needed on how to make commercial vegan products

Thai Dogman

Default Information needed on how to make commercial vegan products

Hi fellow vegans:

I live in Thailand and I want to spread veganism by making the sort of products that are commercially available in the Uk and US as it is far too expensive for Thai people to pay western money for foodstuffs let alone the added cost that importation and duty would put on buying foods made in Europe and that's not counting the environmental cost.

Thai Vegans and vegetarians tend to be younger, university educated and urban -indeed precisely the profile you would expect and they need access to ready made vegetarian foods at appropriate prices.

We already have a Good soya milk industry (actually I might be looking to export it) but there is no ricemilk or oat milk on sale that is not imported at a huge cost (and we are a rice exporter), and we produce tofu (but no fermented tofu products as indonesia does). We can bulk buy most raw foodstuffs.

The recipes I find on the net seem to produce nothing like the commercial stuff and are poor substitutes for people using only local store bought stuff, but we are major producers of ingerdients like Gura gum and carrageen .

Please no patronising instructions to use Google ( I have had people on other sites actually doing this) . If ANyone has any information about commercial recipes I would be very gratefull.

And that includes vegan dog food.

regards

Default Re: Information needed on how to make Commercial Vegan products

This is very interesting and it's a shame no one has been able to help you so far.

Could you talk to someone from the factories that currently make commercial-scale vegan products, and ask them about the process they use? I suppose there would be some legal issues in doing this but you never know. Perhaps one of the companies would be interested in partnering with you. In any case, good luck!

Default Re: Information needed on how to make Commercial Vegan products

I would imagine most company wouldn't be that keen to let you know their recipes as it has probably cost them money to research and perfect them. For instance Alpro soya milk tastes really good when you compare it to some of the cheaper soya milks we could get in Italy. The ingredients don't look that different but there is obviously something they are doing differently. Also unless anyone on the forum actually works in the vegan food industry I don't imagine they have any idea for instance what's in vegan dog food. I don't want to be negative because I think what you want to do sounds a great idea but as Abacaxi says maybe trying to partner up with one of the smaller vegan producers could be a start.

Default Re: Information needed on how to make commercial vegan products

most company wouldn't be that keen to let you know their recipes
    +1
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.