Thread: Cremovita

Default Cremovita

Dear all,

I haven't been able to buy Granovita's Cremovita whipping cream for ages now. For those who don't know it, it's the best vegan whipping cream I ever found - much better than Soyatoo. So I contacted Granovita, and just got the following reply:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding our CremoVita Organic Soya based whipping cream. We are pleased to hear this product is so popular but unfortunately we haven't had the product in stock for some time now . The manufacturers of the product informed us some while ago that they encountered a technical issue with the manufacture of this product.

We were originally told that the product would be available again at the end of the 2011. but this has not happened.

We have no further updates as yet but as soon as we are given any, we will put them on our website under the "Latest News" section."

Here's hoping!

Default Re: Cremovita

I thought it was the same as Soyatoo, just rebranded (they taste identical to me)?

Have you tried this one from Vegan Store: http://www.veganstore.co.uk/mm5/merc...egory_Code=002

Thanks Firestorm. Can you actually whip that one though? The thing I love about Cremovita is that you can use it as whipped cream, for example in cakes.

I'm not sure, I have not tried it. I might contact the company and see if they can tell me.

Cannot vouch for this at all, but a friend happened to just post this on the ol' book of faces. Not sure if any help to you / worth a shot...

How To Make Whipped Cream from a Can of Coconut Milk

Thanks Gwydion. Nice idea, but my waistline prefers Cremovita!

Quote Gwydion View Post
    Cannot vouch for this at all, but a friend happened to just post this on the ol' book of faces. Not sure if any help to you / worth a shot...

How To Make Whipped Cream from a Can of Coconut Milk
    That is what I was going to suggest, still haven't tried it though. Guess I'll just have to make a cake to try it in!

^ Haha. Perhaps we are mutual friends of said friend? Although these things tend to do the rounds. Anyway, yes you will! And let us know the results! Chop chop!

Ok rainbow, I guess a fussy waistline could have its benefits

Got a reply from the company that makes the rice cream:
    Good Morning Firestorm,

The Bio Cuisine is NOT whippable because it does’t contain enough fats, but it is quite thick.

Kind regards

Patrizia Zerbato
    THE BRIDGE srl

According to the Granovita website production of Cremovita is still suspended, the good news is that Veganstore have a coconut version of soyatoo.

I tried the Bio cuisine rice cream from Vegan store the other day, it has a weird texture - a bit jelly like, it reminded me of Granovita Soyage yogurts or the Redwood Wot not dairy ones, it tasted OK though and went well in goulash