Thread: US vegan grandmother 'looks decades younger'

Thumbs up US vegan grandmother 'looks decades younger'

Hi, just saw this today on ninemsn and thought I would share, hopefully it's in the right area.

At first I was quite skeptical, thinking it was something like Atkins, but then she said she started off as a vegetarian and then slowly became vegan! I was really happy 'cause this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this on the front page

Here it is and hopefully it works for everyone.

Default Re: US vegan grandmother 'looks decades younger'

I think her genes are on her side, too...black don't crack ;-)

Great advertisement for a vegan lifestyle! Although, I think genes may be the answer... I'm pretty sure I will be a wrinkly prune at her age regardless of my diet! I'm sure the healthy diet really helps though

Good to see such a positive article for once! Not sure what's so great about drinking rainwater though.

You know I reckon most vegan people I know look younger than their age. I think it's just not putting all that animal stuff into our bodies. It's really nice when people say I look much younger than I am and I always reply that's it's probably because I'm vegan.

"Mrs Larkins also collects rainwater to drink and water her garden full of fruit and vegetables – which she calls her “fountain of youth”."

Can you actually drink rainwater? I would have thought it wouldn't be pure enough?

^You can, but preferably after you've filtered or cleaned it, because of pollutants and other nasty stuff. And you have to have a way to collect it before it touches the ground or something else that might have lots of bacteria or toxic stuff on it.
    (I've just been reading about it because I was wondering the same thing.)

ohreally1

Quote Daffodil View Post
    "Mrs Larkins also collects rainwater to drink and water her garden full of fruit and vegetables – which she calls her “fountain of youth”."

Can you actually drink rainwater? I would have thought it wouldn't be pure enough?
    really? rain water as long as you arent in a city where its polluted tastes amazing, if you've never tasted rain water out in the country unfiltered and unpolluted its amazing, it actually has a taste.

Only way it'd get more pure is if it was a mountain spring which comes from snow or rain, or from glacier.

If it has a taste then it obviously isn't pure. Spring water isn't pure, that's why they list all the impurities on the bottles.

I dunno if drinking rain water away from a city would help all that much, rain clouds can travel a very long way.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Here's an article on her (link on the top is now displaying other articles)
    http://thefruitdoctor.blogspot.de/20...-vegan-70.html

Quite amazing.

Best regards,
    Andy