Thread: Where to buy beauty products in Toronto

Default Where to buy beauty products in Toronto

Hey everyone,
    I am pretty new to this site and to veganism. I am just starting to transition my makeup to vegan cruelty free brands. Any tips on which are the best companies/brands to buy?
    I have done some research and things seem alot more expensive than I am used to paying, which is fine, I am happy to pay more, I just don't want to break the bank!
    What in your opinion are the best brands and where can I buy them?
    Thanks!!

On a side note, anyone know where I can find vegan marshmallows? I searched whole foods to no avail and sadly panacea has closed down.

Default Re: Where to buy beauty products in Toronto

I use some of Urban Decay's line. Get it at Sephora. All the vegan products are marked with a purple paw print. Also a lot of Avedas new line is vegan. Essence of Life in Kensington has lots of beauty products (not make-up) and the Big Carrot has a few lines with vegan products. (Gabriel mascara is good)

Thanks so much for your reply, I will check out your suggestions!

I buy most of my cosmetics at LUSH at Square One shopping centre but they have locations all over the world. When I went to Germany and forgot my Ultrabalm I went directly off the plane to the train to the streets and walked into LUSH to get some! I also found that Shopper's Drug Mart is helpful to find vegan products and the brand of my primer that I love to seal away my eye and forehead wrinkles is " COVER | FX " Make sure if you talk to any employee at any place that they can explain what the ingredients are or can point out the vegan symbol. I have an allergy to Lanolin and there are so many names for it hidden in cosmetics that I used to go nuts trying to exclude it. So much easier now by using only vegan skin care products.