Thread: URGENT Dog foster home needed - Leeds - NOW!

Default URGENT Dog foster home needed - Leeds - NOW!

Went to pick up an abandoned ferret this morning and there was a lovely male Staffi with him. We have no resources to keep a dog and he needs to go somewhere NOW!

Have a forever home lined up for him from Monday but desperately need help now - all rescues apart from two (Whitehall & West Yorkshire Animals in Need) told me to just put him to sleep! <--NO!!!!

Default Re: URGENT Dog foster home needed - Leeds - NOW!

Have you thought about taking him to the kennels for a couple of days. I know it will cost but it could be better than other options.

I'm a member of a cat forum http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/ Many of the people on there are involved or run shelters. They have a section for other animals needing homes etc. It might be worth posting on there as they are really helpful.

Found a kennel space - we had issues as we didn't know his vaccination status and there has been an outbreak of pavo recently. Getting vets on Easter weekend = issues & lots of money (which we just don't have given the ferret - the actual animal we intended to rescue will cost £50 for neutering without food).
    But sorted for now -
    Got my dates confused though and it's a week Monday he can go to his new home

Seen too much animal abuse this weekend - going to sort out animals then cry in a corner for a while