Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

Hey guys - need a bit of advice!

Today I was walking my dog in a forest near my home. It is private land but I like to sneak in there when I get the chance as it is beautiful and buzzing with wildlife. On my walk today I heard a rattling and when I checked it out there was a squirrel caught in a trap. It was a wire cage with a bird feeder inside to attract the squirrel, and when the squirrel went in the door automatically closed. The poor thing was pretty frantic so I opened the door and moved away so it could escape in its own time. I was tempted to break the trap, but instead I left the door open and placed the pin for the door on top of the trap. When the farmer returns he will know someone was there and opened it, but will be able to put it back together again. I'm really annoyed at myself for leaving the pin for the door. Should I have taken it? I'm tempted to go back and take it but am worried about being told off for being on the land. What would you do?

Thanks, moral dilemma here!
    Kat
    We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

Default Re: What would you do?

You're awesome. I guess if you take the pin, he'll probably get another one anyway... What a horrible man.

Too bad you couldn't replicate the cage in human size, then put his cage inside that one for when he goes to get it lol. Other than that I agree with LouiseAbel, it seems that other than taking the pin there wouldn't be much you could do (besides taking the whole cage) since it's his property.

On behalf of Mr.Squirly, thanks!

I probably would have done the same thing and I don't see any other way around the issue myself. Though I like Cacique's idea!

ps. You could also leave a vegan pamphlet there but that might be pushing it (since it's his property).

Haha thanks guys, yes tempted to put him in the cage! Poor thing was trembling when I was trying to get it out! Won't go back intentionally but if I do ever 'stumble' upon it again I may accidentally drop the pin somewhere in the forest.. Is just awful knowing he is going to continue doing it. My mum says he will be gassing them as part of a nationwide cull. So sad.
    We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

Quote Kat_90 View Post
    My mum says he will be gassing them as part of a nationwide cull
    Do you think he was definitely after squirrels and not something else like a polecat or mink? It sounds like a humane trap but if they are going to kill the animals anyway I don't understand - or want to.

Apparently people eat squirrel!?!?!?

I would have done the same. Maybe put a cuddly squirrel toy in there next time?? That'll be a nice suprise for him. I'm sad about the cull too
    Even the smallest person can change the course of the future

I know we aren't supposed to bite and all that, but jesus dude - there is no need for that. I am starting to question how old / mature you are. Failing that checking out, how genuine your reasons for being here are.

Edit: Post deleted, I'm not talking to myself.
    Last edited by Gwydion; Oct 22nd, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Quote Gwydion View Post
    I know we aren't supposed to bite and all that, but jesus dude - there is no need for that. I am starting to question how old / mature you are. Failing that checking out, how genuine your reasons for being here are.
    +1
    Houmous atá ann!