Thread: Northern and Republic of Ireland vegans?

Default Northern and Republic of Ireland vegans?

I was wondering how many we are, to possibly organize some meetups or share local useful info, set up a FB group (unless one exists already)?

I'm in N.I., Belfast area.

Quote Bjorn
    I was wondering how many we are, to possibly organize some meetups or share local useful info, set up a FB group (unless one exists already)?

I'm in N.I., Belfast area.
    There are a few of us Irish people floating around the forum! There's me, Barry, David T, DiyGirlie, Sandra, Hedgehoglovely and probably a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head. There's a Vegan Ireland FB page and they do meetups in Dublin, there was one last night but I didn't manage to get to it. I'm not sure if there's a Vegan NI/Belfast page, but I know that different counties have set up their own pages, there's Vegan Galway, Cork, Kerry and probably others too.
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Northern and Republic of- Ireland vegans?

Thanks Blueberries!

I found a FB group "Veg-Heads" up in Belfast, and now believe it or not, I'm too shy to go to the next meeting...

hedgehoglovely

I know how you feel Bjorn. I don't have a Facebook but even if I did and I knew about the different events of the meet-up groups I'd still feel too shy to go along to one of them.

Quote hedgehoglovely
    I know how you feel Bjorn. I don't have a Facebook but even if I did and I knew about the different events of the meet-up groups I'd still feel too shy to go along to one of them.
    I'm shy too so I understand, we're a bunch of shy vegans! Hhl, I was trying to PM you but you have it set up that you can't recieve them. I was just going to say that if you wanted to meet up with a fellow shy vegan (ie me) I'd be up for that
    Houmous atá ann!

hedgehoglovely

Indeed we are it seems! And oops sorry I didn't know that or do it intentionally, will try fix that. Sounds cool Blueberries

Quote hedgehoglovely
    Sounds cool Blueberries
    Cula bula, we'll sort it out by PM.
    Houmous atá ann!

hedgehoglovely

Default Re: Northern and Republic of Ireland vegans?

I can't seem to fix people being able to message me here. Maybe its due to the fact that I haven't been on here that long and have to wait. Send me an e-mail instead, my address is on my profile.

Hi Bjorn
    I'm going to be organising a meet up soon with the Lisburn Vegan group. I also belong to the Belfast Veg Heads. I'm new to NI so trying to make new friends especially as I am ill and can't get out much. I found one way I made some friends was to get involved in local rescue. I don't know where you live but I have got involved with hen rescue at Nut House Hen Rescue in Moira near Lisburn.

yeah think we're all shy vegans indeed! A few meet ups now around my area and were either too far or I was too shy to answer the call.

RubyShoes, you probably have seen me on the Belfast Veg Heads group + joined yesterday your Lisburn Vegan group, in case I can make it to one meetup at some point.
    I'm in Belfast

I've moved to NI from Continent four years ago and I realised lately I kept to my partner, a few neighbours/ex work colleagues and myself.

I didn't know there were any vegan groups in Northern Ireland and I've lived here all my life, we are indeed a shy lot!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Check out the Warzone collective on fb....They have a cool centre and veggie/vegan cafe on just off Bruce Street (the st between Gt.Victoria St and the Dublin Rd)