Thread: Cole Bros. Circus in London (On) next June. I need help!

Default Cole Bros. Circus in London (On) next June. I need help!

Hi everybody,

The Cole Bros. Circus will be in London next 27th of June and I would like to do something with PETA... but... I need people! I will put up some posters and distribute leaflets, you know, this kind of peaceful and informative protest.
    This is my fist time as activist and would appreciate help and company.

Is there somebody interested?

Here there is some information about this circus:

"In 2011, Cole Bros. and its president pleaded guilty to violating the Endangered Species Act by illegally selling two Asian elephants and were sentenced to probation and ordered to pay more than $150,000 in fines. Cole Bros. Circus, previously known as Clyde Beatty–Cole Bros. Circus, has failed to meet minimal federal standards for the care of animals used in exhibition as established by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA). The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has repeatedly cited Cole Bros. for failure to provide veterinary care to animals, including elephants who have shown extreme weight loss, as well as failure to provide adequate space to animals. The USDA filed formal charges of AWA violations against Cole Bros. because elephants showed signs of being abused with sharp metal bullhooks; a New Jersey humane society charged the circus with cruelty to animals for overloading and overworking an elephant; and two elephants—who were described as malnourished and neglected—died suddenly within a two-week period. In seven separate incidents, elephants with Cole Bros. have become violent, killing two members of the public, injuring more than a dozen others, and rampaging during performances, causing tens of thousands of dollars in property damage."

Thank you!!

Default Re: Cole Bros. Circus in London (On) next June. I need help!

How did this go? I just saw it now and it sucks it's passed already. :/ As awesome as I think this would have been to help, I personally don't believe using PETA posters or brochures are the best route just because no one takes them seriously.

Did you end up doing it?

Hi, I could not find any help, so I just dealt some leaflets downtown. I was recommended by PETA to deal some of them at the Circus, but I thought people with their tickets were not going to listen. It was a little bit disappointing.

Yeah, I can imagine. Just gotta keep trying and hopefully one day people will understand.