Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: What did you eat today? (15)

100% sure – I'm going vegan! nathanjh13's Avatar

Default Re: What did you eat today? (15)

Breakfast, very easy to make: Maple and Pecan clusters, a dash of spirulina, a shake of meusli, a sprinkle of goji berries and a throw of roasted cacao nibs (with coconut milk or rice milk). I have this every day, sometimes with a splurge of agave nectar. Works better without the spirulina really but it's an easy way for me to get it in me (although I might ditch Spirulina in future I seem to get all I need from my 55 a day never mind 5 a day)).

Lunch: "Mega wrap" (the office at work now eats these with me, completely raw and very easy to make, absolutely lovely and all supermarkets stock the ingredients): tortilla wrap, spread on some hummus, sprinkle a seed mix on (the roasted soy sauce stuff is nice or any seed mix), add semi dried tomotoes (a nicer texture than sun dried tomatoes, see the supermarket deli counter), chives, parsley, coriander, oregano/basil, break up a small/sweet pepper and use for 2 or 3 wraps, similar with shitake/chanterelle mushrooms, finish with a handful of peppery salad/rocket leaves and wrap up.

Above works well with chilli (raw) and if in a hurry at home but for a twist to it try cooking the peppers and mushrooms in parsley and garlic before adding to the wrap.

Dessert: raspberries and blueberries in a dark chocolate Alpro. In my book they should stop making the light chocolate version, that way smaller supermarkets have to stock the dark one in their free from range. Also, as there was only 1p difference between organic and non organic Rice Dream they should stock that by default too.

Lazy snack, wholemeal toast with spread, dash of nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.

Not decided for tea, prob El Piano or Cafe 68 in York (as it's a Sunday).

Yesterday:

About 1 liter of fresh squeezed orange juice. No, not doing a cleanse or anything. Just tasted damn good and I was greedy. ^.^
    An avocado and bell pepper sandwich on a homemade roll
    A fried tofu sandwich
    A bowl of blueberry flax cereal with vanilla soy milk.

I had a mixed up sort of day.
    http://www.marystestkitchen.com <--that's the vegan recipe blog I write. Mostly comfort food. Sometimes I get into a healthy mood though.

100% sure – I'm going vegan! nathanjh13's Avatar

I've just inhaled a bag of "Amaizin" corn chips the ones with a hint of lemon. They're so addictive. "Beyond Dark" chocolate drops from H&B too.

Yesterday I had a daal in a cafe and then later on smothered Jammy Dodgers in Carobio and plain old pigged out.

Today I tried Vegusto 'cheese' for the first time, in a sandwich. It wasn't bad. Later a hummus toastie with spinach and rocket. Then I made my son and his Dad a rice noodle dish with tahini, onion and mushrooms. They're not vegan but they liked it and my son said he'd be glad to have it again. Hurrah! Also, a banana and some peanut butter, and some dark chocolate.

Yesterday (right now it is early morning here) I had oatmeal and an orange for breakfast; later in the morning just before going to a convention I had two slices of homemade whole wheat bread with sunflower butter; after the four hour convention I had a huge glass of "Sunrise" juice from an awesome little place that makes fruit/vegetable smoothies with a vitamix. It had carrots, oranges, and apples in it. Nothing else. Tasted wonderful and looked pretty and orange. For dinner I had roasted chickpeas, bell pepper, zucchini from my garden, mushrooms, and pineapple in a ciabetta bread sub. I made a sauce with the pineapple juice from the pineapple to pour over my sandwich. I warmed some almond milk to eat with it. I tried to make some chocolate zucchini bread muffins from a recipe for chocolate zucchini bread but it didn't turn out well at all. They came out way too dense. I think the ingredient proportions were wrong for muffins. I had one anyway and it wasn't too bad. I might save them and in the future make a bread pudding or something out of them. Hate to waste twelve muffins. I was going to bring them to a group. Oh well.

I wish for a vegan world where no one gets ill............. sorry this is the wrong thread not worked out how to delete or move this.
    Last edited by crocus; Oct 6th, 2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: wrong thread
    Peace of mind begins when we stop thinking about how far we have to go, or how hard the road has been, and just let ourselves feel peace.

I work nights so I got up around 1pm. I has some popcorn and grapefruit juice so far. I am busy cleaning my house but going to make some vegetable soup in the crock pot and roast sweet potatoes in the oven to wrap up for the week. This is my first day 100% vegan food. I also am soaking beans and chick peas for my soup. I am planning to make some salads with beans and pasta with diced veggies with vegan dressing for quick go to when I am busy and hungry. Really glad I decided to come here instead of a forum that has non vegan vegetarians.

MY PLAN

B.
    200 ml soy milk, 2 tablespoon oats, 1 tablespoon flax-seeds, 1 teaspoon cacao
    L. 2 tablespoon rice, 2 tablespoon lentils, 1 handful nuts, 1 coconut oil, salt
    D.2 tablespoon pasta, 2 tablespoon quinoa, 1 handful Brazil nuts, 1 coconut oil, sal

Espirito,

That seems like such a sparse plan! Not really enough to provide the kind of energy and satiety a person needs. Why only a few tablespoons of rice, pasta and oats? And how in the world do you measure only two tablespoons of pasta? Really curious.

- - - Updated - - -

How in the world do you measure only 2 tablespoons of pasta and lentils? That seems like such a sparse plan!

Hi Robin... i usually don't eat like this.

My belly don't tolerate very well carbs.
    I have a huge belly, and the rest skinny body.

This was to reduce my belly, but didn't work.
    I almost tried everything.

But anyway..
    Today i ate

Breakfast
    250 ml of soy milk
    3 Tablespoons of oats
    ( dry mesure )
    1 Banana

Snack
    28 g walnuts

Lunch
    1/2 Cup of rice ( dry mesure )
    1/2 Lentils
    ( dry mesure )

Snack
    30 g pistachios

Dinner
    1 Cup of peas
    ( dry mesure )
    Spinach
    1 Tablespoon of flaxseed

I saw in a forum, that a vegan person had several bloated problems, but she find the cure, by eating two meals until 5pm.
    Maybe i need to eat normal, until 5pm, and fast till the next day...

Breakfast > Fast

Lunch

100 g oats
    1 Cup of fortified soy milk
    1 Banana
    7 strawberies
    1 tablespoon Peanut butter
    1 tablespoon of flaxseeds
    1 Coffee after

Lunch
    1 cup of Green tea
    Lemon

Dinner
    125 g dry measure of lentils
    30 g of peanuts
    Salt

Oh my word Espirito - I do not know how you cope with such small amounts of food - I'd be feeling sick and my stomach would be complaining !!! Mind you - I do eat way too much and have a very sweet tooth !

Well... i'm eating more.

Supplements:

Vitamin B12;
    Vitamina D;
    Spirulina (Tabblets);

Breakfast

Whole grain bread
    Banana
    Peanut Butter
    Coffee
    Brown sugar

Snack