Thread: My honeymoon in Costa Rica - your thoughts please?

Default My honeymoon in Costa Rica - your thoughts please?

I’m planning my dreamy honeymoon in Costa Rica in August.
    2 locations that I heard great things about and want to visit when I’m there:
    http://www.tinjo.com/new/ - restaurant in San Jose with lots of veggie options I heard that their sushi is great
    www.landsinlove.com - a vegetarian / vegan resort in the middle of the cloud forest, read excellent reviews on this place.
    Somebody knows these places? what do you think about them?

Default Re: My honeymoon in Costa Rica - your thoughts please?

Sorry I don't know about these places but it sounds a lovely place to have your honeymoon!
    I hope there is someone on the forum who can be more helpful.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Quote sandra View Post
    Sorry I don't know about these places but it sounds a lovely place to have your honeymoon!
    I hope there is someone on the forum who can be more helpful.
    Hi Sandra, thanks for your answer, we decided to come earlier to Costa Rica (July) and I’ll write a full report once I’m back

So we’re back from a vacation of a lifetime.
    First, Lands in love resort. 100% vegetarian / vegan place with great vibes. So many dishes to choose from and such an unbelievable location in the cloud forest.
    We did zip lines, canyoning, horseback riding and rafting over there, our guides Ufredo , Freddie and Joel were so nice and professional, we also took day trips to the Volcano and wild refuge Cano Negro (took excellent lunch boxes).
    One of the nicest things about this place is the fact that Alon the tour desk guy can recommend on other locations, so we took the information we gathered before coming and he put everything in order.
    http://www.landsinlove.com/
    Mnauel Antonio is a must!!! Heaven on earth, beautiful beach, nice rain forest and tones of monkeys.
    Go to eat there at Si Como No restaurant http://www.sicomono.com/, it has many vegetarian options, we didn’t stay there it was out of our budget so we stayed at hotel Espadilla close to the NP.
    While there go to the national park - Efrain from Manuel Antonio Tico Tours should be your guide, he was born in the park and does a great tour and also do the Rafa monkey guy, the highlight of the trip, the guy talks with his amigos, the monkeys and they come to his boat, tones of them
    We’ve been also to Corcovado – what a place, nature at his best, so many animals, it was overwhelming, we stayed in hotel Aguila De Osa the owner there Bradd was so nice that just made our stay even better.
    http://www.aguiladeosa.com/
    One tip, go to Sirene part of the national park, that’s more inside and you get to see more animals.
    That’s it for now , it was a honeymoon to remember, once in a lifetime

Ooh I just travelled to Costa Rica in Nov-2012! I found it SO vegan friendly, even in the non-vegan restaurants. I loved that their cuisine is so focused on rice, beans, vegetables and fruits! Perfect!!

If only I had a network over there, I would definitely consider moving there to live