Thread: vegans in the GTA?

Herbivore

Default vegans in the GTA?

I recently decided to get back into forums and was curious if there were any other vegans in the GTA. It would be nice to chat with people that I have the potential of actually meeting one day. I know there are tons in Toronto itself (ack I just missed veggie pride and am now kicking myself!) but I am out in Oakvile and am curious if there are any vegans on this site in the less populated cities of the GTA.

Peace and hugs!

Default Re: vegans in the GTA?

Sorry to appear a fool, but does GTA mean the Greater Toronto Area? As opposed to Grand Theft Auto? (as I originally read it as!) Nice to meet you!
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Default Re: vegans in the GTA?

I'm a year behind you, but I'm here in Mississauga. I was mostly vegetarian for several years, then vegetarian completely this year, and eating vegan. A short while ago I decided to stop using animal products completely, and have been swapping for better choices as permitted. Eating vegan was a lot easier than going all-the-way...but it helps being in a diverse city in the GTA. It also helps having internet, access to information, lists, and my ex-husband's girlfriend has been vegan for decades and is a wonderful support person and resource. Maybe we can share local anectdotes if you're still around