Thread: Street Cats & Dogs of Bangkok

Default Street Cats & Dogs of Bangkok

SCAD (Soi/Street Cats and Dogs of Bangkok) are looking for good homes for all their cats and and dogs as they are sadly closing their centre after 10 years. If you can help, or know of anyone that would love to adopt one of the cats or dogs in their care, please go to:
    http://www.scadbangkok.org/ and also, https://www.facebook.com/SCADFoundation?ref=ts

I don't know much of this organisation as the above information was given to me by a friend who works in Thailand. It might be worth sharing this information if you know of anyone who might be in a position to help.

Default Re: Street Cats & Dogs of Bangkok

It's so so sad I really really want a cat I am waiting for one who needs a home instead of buying from a breeder but I am to far to be able to help I really hope lots of people come forward to offer homes.

I think they are doing pretty well in finding homes so far. I know they will rehome abroad but I have mixed feelings about that. I think if there are animals in ones own country that need rehoming, that's probably a better way of doing things. Good luck finding a cat. We found our cat by letting friends know we were looking for one. It took a good few weeks but eventually we found one through a family member. Her friend's toddler had become allergic to cat hair . If we'd had no luck with that method, we'd have looked for a cat from a sanctuary, which we have done before. If there aren't any near you, it might be worth popping into any local vets and asking. Sometimes they have noticeboards with animals that need a home. (Hopefully they don't let dodgy people trying to make a fast buck, put ads up though.)

Hi I am really pleased they are doing well in finding homes. Must admit I am a little bit like you and have mixed feelings about rehoming Abroad does not really seem fair if there could be another home closer so the poor animal does not have to suffer the travel. I am also just making it know I would like a cat at the mo. I know this might sound really really strange but I know there is a cat out there that needs a home and love and I have this really strong feeling that they will be brought to me by mother nature when the time is right. And untill then I shall look forward to meeting them.

It will happen. Let us know when it does!