Thread: "More dietetic crimes against humanity"

Default "More dietetic crimes against humanity"

(This isn't from a vegan site)

http://www.anh-europe.org/news/anh-f...ainst-humanity

More dietetic crimes against humanity

Two excerpts:

If you were diagnosed with bowel cancer and were scheduled for tumour removal and a gut resection would you instinctively choose food like this for your healing and recovery? Actually – would you ever choose food like this?

Meal suggestions

• Tinned macaroni cheese, spaghetti or spaghetti bolognese
    • Instant potato mixes
    • Frozen or ready meals that can be baked or microwaved
    • Baked beans on toast with grated cheese or a poached egg
    • Tinned or packet soups made with fortified milk (see below for ingredients) or add grated cheese – eat with bread and butter
    • Longlife double cream
    • Tinned milk puddings, sponge puddings, crème caramels, instant whip (made with fortified milk)
    • Milk – dried, evaporated or longlife
    • Tinned fruit in syrup
    • Cheese and cheese spreads for toast

Snacks for between meals

• Breakfast cereals (if softened with milk)
    • Sweet biscuits (dip in tea to soften)
    • Piece of cake (add cream/custard to soften)
    • Rice pudding
    • Scones
    • Muffins
    • Cheese and biscuits
    • Cubes of cheese

A close relative of one of the ANH-Intl team is being faced with such a nutritional dilemma in a major UK NHS hospital.

Is this really an innocuous healthy food? What about our ability to digest milk and dairy products? Milk is one of the most well known foods allergens through either an allergy to the cow's milk protein or a deficiency of lactase to digest the predominant sugar, lactose. Reactions can be swift (30 mins to 2 hours after eating) and include a range of symptoms from nausea, cramps, bloating and gas to diarrhoea. Whilst these are unpleasant, they are not considered life threatening, but what people fail to realise is that they are still a source of intense inflammation. And inflammation is one of the key foundation stones of chronic disease.
    Many people don't realise that they have a problem with a food allergen such as lactose. And also don't realise that it's hidden in so many foods, such as bread, baked goods, processed breakfast cereals, instant potato mash, margarine, lunch meats, sweets and sugary snacks, mixes for pancakes, biscuits and cookies and powdered meal-replacements — actually pretty much most of the recommendations from the dieticians!
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: "More dietetic crimes against humanity"

Tell me!

I was hospitalised (purely so as I could get x-rays for a kidney stone as an inpatient) a few years back.

Some poor old guy on the ward had the most horrendous gut problem I have ever seen. Constant pain that would make him cry out and generating enough 'wind' to refloat the Hiddenburg.

What did they feed him? Yep! Exactly the the kind of meat-slop that looked and stank like it would give gut rot to a ferral dog.

I wish that why they think sick people will get healthy on food that would make healthy people sick was a mystery to me but it isn't.

Diet wise it is about the equivalent of staffing a rehab clinic with 98% practicing alcholics and fully fledged crack-cocaine addicts.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Default Re: "More dietetic crimes against humanity"

This just goes to show how humans are evermore stuck in their ways regarding what they perceive to be 'healthy' and 'healing' food when it is anything but. Thanks for posting that Korn, was quite interesting.

Quote Cupid Stunt View Post
    Some poor old guy on the ward had the most horrendous gut problem I have ever seen. Constant pain that would make him cry out and generating enough 'wind' to refloat the Hiddenburg.

What did they feed him? Yep! Exactly the the kind of meat-slop that looked and stank like it would give gut rot to a ferral dog.
    Wow ....... oh god ........ poor guy. I've had some terrible bloating pain in the past so I can only just begin to imagine what kind of pain he'd be in, jeez. And that 'food' they gave him ...... urgh *vomits*

ETA: Oh and I agree with your analogy regarding staffing a rehab clinic with 98% practising alcoholics and fully fledged crack-cocaine addicts. It just ...... doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. It's ...... weird that what they do in hospitals, a place supposedly for healing, ends up possibly making you worse than when you arrived!
    I hate it when I'm studying and a velociraptor throws bananas on me.