Thread: suggestions for goodies to be made for non-veggies?

Default suggestions for goodies to be made for non-veggies?

I'm holding a large fundraiser for a local animal shelter in a couple months (gamer/comic/anime themed costume concert) and I'm taking this opportunity to set up a few booths about ar and diet. As part of the fundraiser I'd like to sell (very cheaply) some vegan foods. The only issue is that last time we had a turnout of over 350 people, and I'm expecting a larger turnout for this one. I don't quite know what I can make in such mass quantities that will make a lasting "THAT was vegan?" impression..any suggestions? Bonus if it can be made to fit the theme somehow..
    ...take it to the bridge...

Heya Cruelkitti, in my experience brownies and chocolate cake go down really well with ommis. If you wanted it to be an theme you could ice them with certain colours or designs, or give them theme-appropriate names
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: suggestions for goodies to be made for non-veggies?

Thanks. Brownies seem like a pretty doable idea...probably not cake, though. I should mention that this event will be byob, and food sells like mad! I stress out just thinking of transporting 10 cakes. I'm hoping for something I can put on a tray and walk around. Something kinda strange and newish that'll grab attentions.

Animal shaped cookies?
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Hahaha Don't eat animals! But, no, seriously, buy this cow cookie!

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha Don't eat animals! But, no, seriously, buy this cow cookie!

Tofu Cheesecake?
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Sounds like you need something snacky and not too messy. What about spicy baked chickpeas? Disclaimer: I've not actually tried this recipe, but it's an example of something that looks pretty easy to do, it was just the first thing that came up when I googled "baked chickpeas". Cheap to do too if you were able to soak and cook a mass of dried chickpeas.

Or sweet and spicy popcorn? Seen a lot of recipes for that as well. Or, what about homemade butterfingers or other candy? As long as you're not afraid of boiling sugar they are really easy to make!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Also, it might be a bit like hard work, but I suppose you could make something like mini cupcakes or mini muffins and then decorate them to look like animal faces.

You could make batches of homemade bread and then sell them by the slice. You could start a week ahead and make some loaves. Bread doesnt require a lot of ingredients (just a lot of flour I suppose) and it will keep a week or so. Or make homemade crackers. And maybe some batches of homemade hummus or another dip to go with these slices or samples. Another idea would be to make batches of granola and put them in pint sized bags, paper cups, or cloth pouches and sell it that way. But then I suppose granola could be expensive to make.

Mmmm, tofu cheesecake! And actually granola is stunningly cheap to make considering the premade cost, we usually make it for my son, Merlins' snack day at school. I'm definitely trying the baked chickpeas..mmm, it's SO lunch time right now. And I think we're going to do some tiny cupcakes, too... It's kind of like a comic con (including video games and anime) though, with an underlying animal rights current. I was thinking of recreating foods from games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout...maybe sell some mana and hp haha

Couscous often works for me, when I want to offer something inconspicuous, tasty and easy-to-make to omnis!!!

Also, I do love vegetable strudels (think of something like an apple strudel, but with a spicy vegetable filling, e.g. spinach) - you can sell it by the slice with a topping of soy yoghurt zaziki.

Best regards,
    Andy