Thread: Vegan documentary help....

Default Vegan documentary help....

I'm a second year film student currently writing the proposal for my documentary on veganism which I'm writing for my script class this college semester. Does anyone know if any documentaries on animal rights/veganism exist that were not produced by PETA/the ALF etc but by independent filmmakers, or alternatively, if none exist, of any documentaries that were produced by PETA etc.? Also are there any quotes that support the view that it is wrong to drink milk/consume eggs? I'm starting the proposal off with a few quotes and can only find one pro vegan quote that isn't just some stastic. Hopefully I will make this next year as my final project, though I don't really like the idea of having non-vegans working on it (i.e. everyone on my course aside from myself and this one kid who left the course last year ) as it seems somewhat hypocritical!

Anyways, if anyone feels like helping in any way, email me at the address given in my profile.

Thanks.
    -jack

www.tribeofheart.org produced The Witness (profiling AR activist, Eddie Lama) and the fantastic documentary, Peaceable Kingdom .

Great, thanks!

jack, maybe by exposing non-vegans to the truth about where their food comes from, by having them work on the film with you, you may get them thinking and possibly even making some change in their lives....

Quote feline01
    www.tribeofheart.org produced The Witness (profiling AR activist, Eddie Lama) and the fantastic documentary, Peaceable Kingdom .
    The Witness rocks my socks. Made me cry like a baby the first time I watched it, and I usually don't do that. For me, it was an amazing film about one person coming to consciousness around AR -- very inspiring.

Quote Leigh
    jack, maybe by exposing non-vegans to the truth about where their food comes from, by having them work on the film with you, you may get them thinking and possibly even making some change in their lives....
    Good point, plus, it would be impossile to find only veggie/vegan people to work on it if I do end up making it in my final year.

Quote veganfreak
    The Witness rocks my socks. Made me cry like a baby the first time I watched it, and I usually don't do that. For me, it was an amazing film about one person coming to consciousness around AR -- very inspiring.
    I thought it was hysterical when he was describing what made him give up smoking. He was watching a girlfriend's cat and puffing away on his ciggies but then realized that the little kitty was breathing in the smoke. He said he thought he heard the little cat coughing so he gave up smoking . I've seen his van in Union Square in NYC quite a few times, always donate a few bucks.

Jackxattack, Alex Bourke from Vegetarian Guides and The Vegan Society, scripted and co produced the 22 minute introductory fim "Animal Rights", which shows the British movement, explains the psychology of change, and proposes easy ways to get active, in 2001. Maybe he could help.

It may also be worth checking out Vegan Independent Productions .

Hope that helps.

Ideologue

Default Re: Veganforum meetup @ London Vegan Festival 2005

Quote jackxattack
    I'm looking forward to making some contacts to help with the documentary on veganism which I've decided I want to make for my final year of uni.

I was actually planning on asking the vegan society et al about the possibility of them producing video documentaries designed to educate. There is a free pdf book available from www.vegan.com that I would like to see made into a documentary video. And I would also like to see the 'Realities' information translated into a video ( http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/health/Earth/Earth.htm ).

I think such documentaries should not have happy smiley people in them using words like 'Veggie', or even 'Vegan'. The former because it is perceived as being lame, and the latter due to it's misperception of being the title of some sort of nutjub religious cult movement.

An example of the sort of video I would like to see produced, in order to promote veganism, can be found here. It is by Alex Jones (of www.infowars.com and www.prisonplanet.com ). He has had great success with his videos and allows them to be copied for free. People who have seen his videos seem to learn very quickly the true nature of government and all associated horrors.

Producing video documentaries these days is so cheap. Decent cameras only cost about £1,500 with a built-in lens, or from around £2,000 for one with a bayonet lens system, with extra lenses costing around £800 or so (all brand new prices). Editing can be easily done on a home computer, and within the AR and vegan movement there are plenty of volunteers willing and capable of producing such work.