Thread: Reducing my fat a**e

Default Reducing my fat a**e

Hi fellow vegans,

I've been vegan for over 2 years now, and I am certainly not your stereotypical vegan (154cm and 80 kg! So definitely obese!). I calling out to other vegans as to great ways to lose weight. I have reduced the amount of bread, pasta, fruit juice etc, and have been sticking to rice, soup, quinoa, shit loads of vegies/fruit, nuts and seeds.

Default Re: Reducing my fat A**e

I have a lot of weight to lose too. I don't tell people I'm vegan in case it puts them off!

Im trying to lose weight, I've lost 5lbs so far. I'm doing it slowly so hopefully it stays off.

Quote gmc View Post
    I have a lot of weight to lose too. I don't tell people I'm vegan in case it puts them off!

Im trying to lose weight, I've lost 5lbs so far. I'm doing it slowly so hopefully it stays off.
    Well done, keep up the great work, slowly is the way to go.

It's really disheartening seeing myself the size that I am. I'm so used to being a little over half my current weight (I packed on the weight over the last 2 years due to medication I'm on, it apparently slows your metabolism, and the way your body processes carbs). When people find out that I'm vegan, they are often shocked because of my size, and some even say things along the lines of "how are you so big if you're vegan"

hey.
    I can sympathise. I have been on a med for about 2 or 3 months now which also has the same side effect, and also increases your appetite, making you crave sweet things and carbs. It really sucks as I've put on just over a stone, and I am really sensitive about my weight and how I look. I am trying to be cool about it but it's making me feel quite down.
    I would say that exercise is key. Try and get at least three heavy workout sessions per week. I am fairly active but can't motivate myself at the moment to do running or an equivalent form of exercise.
    Sounds like you're eating all the right things though?
    Eating every couple of hours is good as it keeps your metabolism going, and eating carbs and protein earlier in the day is meant to be better (not that I ever manage to do the latter!).
    Good luck with it, yo-yo

Quote yo-yo View Post
    hey.
    I can sympathise. I have been on a med for about 2 or 3 months now which also has the same side effect, and also increases your appetite, making you crave sweet things and carbs. It really sucks as I've put on just over a stone, and I am really sensitive about my weight and how I look. I am trying to be cool about it but it's making me feel quite down.
    I would say that exercise is key. Try and get at least three heavy workout sessions per week. I am fairly active but can't motivate myself at the moment to do running or an equivalent form of exercise.
    Sounds like you're eating all the right things though?
    Eating every couple of hours is good as it keeps your metabolism going, and eating carbs and protein earlier in the day is meant to be better (not that I ever manage to do the latter!).
    Good luck with it, yo-yo
    Hey Yo-yo,
    Thanks for the advice. I've been walking most days twice a day for 20mins each time and do yoga each day, my uni bag also gives me a workout due to all the books I have to carry haha. But I know it's not enough, and it pisses me off that I can't do more due to my old sports injuries flaring up. I'd like to get back into running and plan on utilising the "couch to 5k" to get me started again.
    Best of luck with your weight loss yourself, and try not to let it get you down

Quote felix_amborosa View Post
    Hey Yo-yo,
    Thanks for the advice. I've been walking most days twice a day for 20mins each time and do yoga each day, my uni bag also gives me a workout due to all the books I have to carry haha. But I know it's not enough, and it pisses me off that I can't do more due to my old sports injuries flaring up. I'd like to get back into running and plan on utilising the "couch to 5k" to get me started again.
    Best of luck with your weight loss yourself, and try not to let it get you down
    Ah, thanks. Sorry to hear you have some old injuries, hopefully there are still some sports you can do. Good luck with it all!

Default Re: Reducing my fat a**e

Weight can be lose through some basic tips.Maintain your diet and do exercise daily.Green vegetables are good for losing weight.Drink maximum water and also add green tea in your diet.Along with this exercise is also necessary.Running,cycling,jumping etc are some useful exercises.