Thread: Raw vegan bicycle tour around Hungary in August 2013

Default Raw vegan bicycle tour around Hungary in August 2013

I would like to inform you that I organize in 2013 raw vegan bicycle tour around Hungary (map in English too but more text in Hungarian language yet).

I welcome raw vegans from Europe or UK to joint to this tour, to have international team.

The plan is, to circle Hungary in 15 days, this is at least 1823km… (also possible to join for 4 or 8 days)

The main purpose is to propagate raw foods, simplicity and healthy lifestyle.

I have already started discussions with sponsors who will support our tour with raw foods, sprouts, dried foods etc…

If you think, this program is interesting for you to join the tour or you would like to be a sponsor, plese write me an email to nyerskonyha@yahoo.com
    I will send you the detailes of the tour in english.

I am well-known person in Hungary in raw food courses. I have raw food blog. (the blog is in Hungarian language, translator needed).
    Last edited by Bolyky; Aug 16th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

Default Re: Raw vegan bicycle tour around Hungary in August 2013

well it sounds amazingly interesting D
    do you have more information?

Yes, I have. As I wrote, the whole distance is 1823 km. We need to ride in avarage 122 km per day. If we ride 8 hours per day to reach the daily distance we have tor ide 15,2 km / hour speed and this is possible for bikers. Anyway we will ride some days more and some days less, depending on the country side or our feelings.

See the map here:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zM_HdAsYUJ...nd+Hungary.tif

The foods for the tour: Raw foods, medicinal herbs, sprouts and dried foods
    http://bolykynyerskonyha.blogspot.hu...rs%20eb%C3%A9d

The equippment of the kitchen: kitchen out of circuit

Qaurters: Tent – Wide camping

I am awaiting those who feel this tour to they own challenge!

You can start training, you can start to practise your bottom to your bike seat if you willing to yoin us…
    This tour will also be interesting to those who willing to get deeper to the raw foods world… you can start to look for recipe (because the human body is not able to swich from day to day to raw food – here you also need prepare for)

There is possibility, for those who can not joint the whole distance, to join for quarter (4 days) or half (7-8 days) tour.

In case you like this tour but you can not join, but you want to be a sponsor or you willing to support our trip I welcome your donation, thank you!
    Last edited by Bolyky; Aug 21st, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

well I'd love to join.
    I'm just wondering about the cost.
    And I'm not so trained, I'm kinda thin etc. Could I make it?

Could you maybe start a group here or at Facebook or something, for more discussion, questions, practical information and meeting other participants (maybe from a area close to were you live, so you maybe could travel together to Hungary).

There is no cost calculated yet. I have started to collect sponsors to support our tour with raw foods etc…
    Basically the costs for participants will be the next:
    1 – travelling cost to place where you joint the tour (also return cost), for example you need to buy train ticket to city Szeged in Hungary from the place where you live
    2 – vegetables and fruits for 15 days (I hope the sponsors will give us part of it), we will try to buy cheep ones in the villiges we travel through
    3 – good bike (if you do not have), not mountine bike, see my bike for example
    4 – tent, sleeping bag and other stuff for camping (this will be discussed later when we know the team members)
    5 – participation fee (organizational) 15 €
    6 – camping cost, if we want to stay in camping intead of wide camping (in the nature), the camping is not so expensive in Hungary

Cost 2,4,6 will be discussed later.

Also, you have be trained to cycling, it means you have to be able to ride 117 km/day with 10kg bag on your bike.
    If you do not have bike, you have to buy one this week
    I advice for everybody to have some 1-2 day ride before the tour, the linked tour was 112 km, I started 7:15 arrived 15:00.

What is the meaning of: kinda thin?

I do not have facebook login, anyway somebody can link the tour to facebook also.

Im actually going to be in hungary from september to december. Unfortunately I can't make the bike tour since I will need to be back in the US by then.

I was gonna say, maybe try to advertise this ride in "www.veganfitness.net" as well as here. There are some really good cyclists and athletes there who may be interested.

Also i am wondering if i could message you about finding vegan foods in Budapest (if you know the city) since that is where i will be studying in hungary next semester.

Thanks. I will advertise also on that page.

In budapest there are more possibilities for raw vegan:

http://www.mannatural.hu/ - restaurant, also order to home service

http://www.nyersetelakademia.hu/- dinners, also order to home service

http://eletkonyha.hu/en - web page in English! – dinners, cakes and dried crackers

First two pages are not in English, but you could call them for information, or just visit them personally.

event on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/events/434999613212529/
    you can sign here when you want to join the tour
    or you can ask questions or else you are interested in