Thread: 500 Vegan Recipes by Celine Steen & Joni Marie Newman

Default 500 Vegan Recipes by Celine Steen & Joni Marie Newman

Or to give it its full title: '500 vegan recipes: an amazing variety of delcious recipes, from chillis and casseroles to crumbles, crisps and cookies'. I couldn't find a thread about this book anywhere even though its out a few years. I got it out from the library and although I haven't made anything from it yet it seems to have some interesting recipes. Does anyone have this book, and if you do are there any recipes you recommend?
    Houmous atá ann!

In reply to my own thread ('Hi Blueberries' *waves at self*), I made the seitan chorizo from 500 Vegan Recipes today. I used the recipe as outlined, but instead of making it into crumbles I made it into one big sausage shape. I baked it in the oven, just keeping an eye on it as I based the timing on the book's other sausage recipes. It ended up being in for 1.5 hours at 180•c. It got a bit burnt at the bottom as I forgot to turn it halfway through. I had a little try of it, its definately spicy! The only thing with seitan loaves is I find it hard to get nice, thin slices off them, only thick, un-even ones :/. Still tastes the same but thin slices would be handier for sandwiches.
    Houmous atá ann!